What's new
What's new

Pratt & Whitney 16x30 questions

VaBob

Plastic
It appears Im going to be a new owner of the lathe in the title. I was wondering if anyone has one of these that could help me out? Im looking for dimensions of the stand. When I go pick it up Im going to bolt it to a couple 4x6's and just need to know how much to take.

Thanks for any help.

It appears Im going to be a new owner of the lathe in the title. I was wondering if anyone has one of these that could help me out? Im looking for dimensions of the stand. When I go pick it up Im going to bolt it to a couple 4x6's and just need to know how much to take.

Thanks for any help.

Say if Model B or Model C (or maybe even older than Model B)

C has eighteen speeds to usually 1000. Model B has 8 speeds to 550ish. Model B has threaded spindle nose. Model C has D1-6" spindle nose

Thumbnail is Model C - circa 1948

Attachments

• From 1948 Backgrounds.jpg
    From 1948 Backgrounds.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 62
So Ive been studying photos of the lathe, and digital media also. Im looking for a way to lift the gearbox/head side. No real good way to get straps on it from what I can see. May have to pry that side up and start shimming it up high enough to get the boards under it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Only way I ever moved mine was to pinch bar it up little by little until I could get what ever under it, like heavy wall steel tubing to roll it on

The little 12 X 30 was put on these dollies (one end at a time) with an engine lift, but it was not much fun

Manuals can be emailed if you want to share that address via Private Message to me. Do put something meaningful in the subject line so I will have a clue what is being asked for

Attachments

• DCP_0890.jpg
    DCP_0890.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 96
Reference how I moved my 16x30 American lathe. It will be very similar. Don't underestimate that move.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Alright guys, I made a mistake. Its not a 16x30, its a 12x30. The pictures never showed the measurement on the ways and I was going off google pics trying to identify it. Im not mad at it because it makes it a little easier to move and create space for it. But, I think Im going to make a new post about it since the title to this one would be misleading.

Thanks for the replies, i do appreciate it.

Back