What's new
What's new

Is This Tailstock a Cincinnati?

jwearing

Hot Rolled
I picked up this tailstock a little while ago from ebay. It looks like a Cincinnati, but it is small, about 3-3/4" to the top of the casting and about 5" to center at max adjustment. Looks like it would fit an 8" dividing head, did Cincinnati ever make one this small? Did any other manufacturers ever make one this style?

The dividing head in the pictures is a 10" Cincinnati.

Attachments

• IMG-0297.jpg
    IMG-0297.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG-0299.jpg
    IMG-0299.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG-0300.jpg
    IMG-0300.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG-0301.jpg
    IMG-0301.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 133
I picked up this tailstock a little while ago from ebay. It looks like a Cincinnati, but it is small, about 3-3/4" to the top of the casting and about 5" to center at max adjustment. Looks like it would fit an 8" dividing head, did Cincinnati ever make one this small? Did any other manufacturers ever make one this style?

The dividing head in the pictures is a 10" Cincinnati.
That's a tailstock for a Toolmaster mill index head. The "6JKA" indicates a Toolmaster, and the "5C" is a 1955 build year. The Toolmaster had a unique indexing head.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.38.54 AM.jpg

If you ever want to sell it, I'm interested.

That's a tailstock for a Toolmaster mill index head. The "6JKA" indicates a Toolmaster, and the "5C" is a 1955 build year. The Toolmaster had a unique indexing head.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks. I didn't know these existed, that's interesting. Is this the head? unknown dividing head

If you ever want to sell it, I'm interested.

I don't really want to sell, however I would be happy to trade for the correct tailstock that goes with my 10" Cincinnati. Or if you have a spare set of high-number plates :D

Wow, that was fast. Thanks. I didn't know these existed, that's interesting. Is this the head? unknown dividing head
Yep, that's the head. I remembered that thread, but couldn't find it to post the link. Thanks.

I don't really want to sell, however I would be happy to trade for the correct tailstock that goes with my 10" Cincinnati. Or if you have a spare set of high-number plates :D
Sorry, I don't have a Cincy horizontal mill tailstock or number plates to trade, but they're out there, and more common than these Toolmaster index tailstocks. Yours is the only one I've ever seen. I've been using an LW index head with my Toolmaster, but would like to find the OEM setup.

Back