What's new
What's new

Tilting table recommendations for a horizontal mill?

gi_984

Aluminum
Got a little 5X7 inch tilting table for the Bridgeport. Works fine for what it is.

Got a Van Norman model 24 horizontal mill with a universal table. Have an A frame with chain hoist and die cart. So no issue getting the bigger fixtures on and off.

Interested in a big tilting table for work pieces bigger than what I can fit in the 8 inch Kurt.

All I find are the import tilting tables from the usual distributors. Are these worth a dang? Or should I hunt the auctions for a specific brand or other option? What do the old mill hands recommend for a horizontal mill?

We used two of the bigger 10x15 tables to machine some angled bores and holes in a large weldment. Worked fine. Set them with a digital protractor. They are hefty. Our two will be in our auction October 14-21.

This is not really a help to you, but I picked up a 8 X10 tilting table made by the U.S Auto Box Mach. Co. circa 1930's . It came out of a line drive shop, all horizontal mills. I restored it thinking it might be useful someday, and it sure was. B42C0EAE-3EEC-42E5-AE06-8F6A1ACFFC1D.jpg

Last edited:
Upcoming job is to make some big angled fixtures (over 12 inches long) for a welding shop. So I think a good tilting table would be best. Set the angle, clamp to plate with some kind of stop for repeat pieces.

Back