What's new
What's new

Toolmaster MT power feeds

mut8dsc

Aluminum
I’m looking to buy an MT. It’s a 3-axis model, but apparently the power feed motors are missing. I have found some documentation on Vintagemachinery.com, but nothing that specs out the motors. My questions are:

1. How many motors does it need? The control panel has joysticks for table, saddle and knee. The Owner could only find places for two motors. Maybe the saddle and table share a motor?
2. If I was to try and use servo motors from another source, anyone know what voltage and torque would be needed.
3. Does Cincinnati even sell these units? Probably would cost more than I’m willing to pay.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

I had one of these mills and just recently sold it. Those motors are non-existent. The schematics for your machine are based on your serial number. They were custom from the factory and unique to each machine. You can buy the schematic, but it will cost you about $500. The electrical parts like the electronics are not broken down to the component level and are represented by logic symbology unique to Cincinnati. Further, the electrical parts were made by companies no longer in business and are no longer available new, even to the mechanically latching relays. If I remember correctly the motors are 90 volt DC motors with unique frames for the machine. The relay coils are also 90 volt. I found new old stock in Canada. I found replacement relays (used) in Manila and in Hawaii. I was successful in repairing mine, but it was a 2 year adventure. If I were you, I'd avoid that machine like the black plague.

That’s what I was afraid of. It’s a shame that Cincinnati made their design so Ferrari-like. Where parts are either crazy expensive or have to be individually made.

Thanks!

cmike

Please explain to the crowd how you know this.

I have been in the machine tool repair for over 50 years. It takes time to search. Part number of what you need will help. Do you need a manua ? what is your serial number ?

Regards,

I have been in the machine tool repair for over 50 years. It takes time to search. Part number of what you need will help. Do you need a manua ? what is your serial number ?

Regards,

OK, I got it..........based on your previous experience, you're making a wild assed guess. Unlike you, I've done the schematic and manual acquisitions and the world-wide searches for parts and I'm not guessing.

Just a suggestion, make adapter plates for the drives and use power feeds like Servo and others. I've got them running one rotary table, cross slides on 2 lathes, big tailstock on Amer. lathe and hoist drive on 60 ton hyd. press. Plus!!............they have rapids!!

cmike

Just a suggestion, make adapter plates for the drives and use power feeds like Servo and others. I've got them running one rotary table, cross slides on 2 lathes, big tailstock on Amer. lathe and hoist drive on 60 ton hyd. press. Plus!!............they have rapids!!

Industrial surplus,, Parts N Parts.Cincinnati machine parts in /cincinnati. If i had a part number, I may can get the print. The Fives can make you a part, but its a big mark up.

Industrial surplus,, Parts N Parts.Cincinnati machine parts in /cincinnati. If i had a part number, I may can get the print. The Fives can make you a part, but its a big mark up.

If that's the one that was in Elida, I was quoted several thousand for one Z power feed for a Toolmaster D1. There again, no rapids.

Back