What's new
What's new

Toolomaster H-V spindle bearings

Froneck

Titanium
Does anyone know the number of the spindle bearings for the 1-D type vertical head on the other side of the H-V ram? I did replace the bearings a few years ago, saved the box cover with the bearing number but can't find it. Reason I ask is a while ago I was asked to rebuild a few newer Bridgeports (Taiwan built Hardinge machines) I still have a complete bearing set with Fafnir/Timken JM207PPPRBDBC4FA52730 lower spindle bearings. If they are the same I'll keep the bearings. Also interested in the upper spindle bearing number so as I can keep all the bearing I can use in my ToolMaster. I doubt I will ever need bearings for the other side spindle since it was hardly used nor do I use it very much but does come in handy from time to time. I do have a K&T Horizontal Mill.
If the bearings are not the same I'll simply sell the complete set.

not completely certain- but.. a b'port with an R-8 spindle has a 3-3/8" diameter quill. the 1-D cinci has an
nt-40 spindle with a 3-15/16" quill.... i would be very surprised if they were the same.

Thanks Tnmg, I didn't know BP Quill diameter. Wasn't sure if BP had a nt-40 option. I also have a Gorton MasterMill. Parts manual indicates spindle taper was available in just about everything. Nt-30, nt-40 B&S 9 and 10 and Devlieg, I don't recall but possibly Morse too. Yet spindle bearing remains the same.

I am almost 100% sure this is the quote I had for new bearings for the 1D head on my Toolmaster, I am also chasing a spare 1D vertical head as my HV toolmaster never came optioned with one. FYI for any australians reading this, the 1D toolmaster spindles require a #9 axial locknut socket to change or even regrease the spindle bearings as there's no way to get a C spanner on it so if any aussies are looking at doing there's I can post the tool when you're ready to do it as long as you post it back when you're done

Capture.jpg

Back