What's new
What's new

Tree 2VG(C)? Quickly please...

drom68

Cast Iron
I am stopping in to look at a Tree 2VGC tomorrow (Thurs, 21 Feb), I actually have something else I am doing, but this is right on the way.

Can anyone provide information on this mill.

Vertical Milling Machine - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

The owner has told me the following:
- NC machine
- Never used the NC as the X axis will zero, but the Y axis will not. Unknown why, he has had it for years and years...
- RPM range: 73 - 2500
- 3Hp motor
- Machine is supposed to be tight, he said when you come look at it you will see.
- Colette system is similar to a 2UVR and range is 3/8 - 1"
- All he did was hand crank the table.
- Older guy and retiring. In his shop.
- Price is high in my opinion, but please provide input.

Thanks,

Tree is a great machine. If you don't care about the NC, you can strip all that off and use it as a strictly manual machine. It looks well equipped. The collets are rare, but he shows it comes with 2 sets, so you're covered. But I am afraid the price is in fantasyland, I could be wrong ,but he will be sitting on that for awhile.

This is a stout machine, I used a manual one in the 1980s for 10 years. If I remember correctly, it will take up to 1" in the collets (might be wrong, there), but at any rate, they are easy and fast to change tools (I worked in a mold shop)if that is what you need. The collet system does not like vibration and/or interrupted cuts, that tends to make the collets release at inopportune times. Good boring routine with a smooth thick quill. O/S table lets you clamp stuff that might be tricky on a bridgeport. Price seems high, but if the NC stuff works, it might be worth it.

It looks like the OP didn't buy it. He was looking for a quick response too late in the day. It sure looks like a good quality mill. Never seen one in action. I'm not familiar with them. I did some reading about the quality of them after this thread.

It looks like the OP didn't buy it. He was looking for a quick response too late in the day. It sure looks like a good quality mill. Never seen one in action. I'm not familiar with them. I did some reading about the quality of them after this thread.

I stopped in to look at the mill. Nice and clean, but not what I need. At that price point I might as well add some $$ and just get into a vmc.

Comes with a lot of tooling, rotab, indexer, collets, drills, two hold down sets, and a bunch of other small items.

It has everything needed for the NC, just not in operation for an unknown reason.

Nice stout milling machine.

Back