Tree milling machine - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi foolme, Have you found a copy of 2vg-c manual? If not pm me your email & i will send a scan of ours (which might take a while). Regards, Earl

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I download a copy from the tree yahoo group and emailed it to him. There are scans online but yours might come out better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another manual is Pub. M 3540

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do not know if the OP eve got satisfactory information, but I worked for 10 years with VGC and UVR machines and loved them. Once you get the hang of adjusting the collets, it is a very fast system to change tools.

The only downside is that the Z and ZZ collets do not like interrupted cuts. The vibration sometimes causes the collet holder to open up and drop the tool.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by collector View Post
    I was at a shop that has a Tree milling machine ser #9043 any idea on it age looks good and they dont use it becouse they cant figger out how the collet holder works ? Any ideas looks like a factory set up .And the model is a 2VGC

Collector
    That's because they [that shop] look, not observe or understand it. This is an old thread; yet I'm positive in 2011, hordes of googling pros and good guessers could generate a search query.
    It also means they were more operators than machinists without the inquisitive nature, or initiative to manipulate the damn thing. And however long they had it, the manual wasn't preserved or a replacement acquired.
    Proof?
    As stated in post #2, M.B. Naegle had [the] a answer just six minutes later. The U shaped slide gives a surface to unlock the drawbar, which pulls on the collet closer. Tree's are first rate mills, far more rigid than Bridgeport patterned, aka turret, mills.