What's new
What's new

Tree VMC500 A2100(PC2100) control issue

CPIindustries

Plastic
So I have a tree cnc mill with the pc2100 control which I have read is basically a A2100 control. Machine hasn’t been used in about a year it was in working order when I bought it. But when I fired it up I get through the initialization screen checking the mouse and keyboard and everything. But after that I get a operating system not found error. I have tried a bunch of different thing but have had no luck. I tried an old hard drive that came with the machine and same error. I’m assuming it’s the hard drive but I would love it not to be and be like the power supply or something cheap. Anyone ever have this issue or have some ideas for me.
Thank you.

just went through this with a journeyman 250. The first thing to do is pull all the cards out of the control and reseat them. That solved my control issues.

See my post from a couple of weeks ago in the CNC section for input from other users.

I’m going to give that a try today also I found the servo drives had glass fuses with broken holders so they aren’t contacting the wire so I’m going to fix that too. I also didn’t have my air hooked up I doubt that’s it but I’m going to try that also today. When I hit the green power up button you hear the contactor but when I release it you hear the contactor let go also so I’m not sure what would cause that yet.

So I reseated drives fixed the fuse issues still nothing. I’ve read about an m20 contactor that people have problems with anyone know about this I hear it click when I hit power on but it clicks again when I let go. I am getting a new hardrive next week and I’ll see if that changes anything.

Take the cards out of the control unit and reseat the control cards, hard drive cables, and power cables. If it can be detached, detach it and reseat it.

Back