What's new
What's new

Type B Arbor Support for Cincinnati Cinova 80, MI, ML, Cinel 60, etc.

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
I've been looking for a Type B arbor support for my Cinncinati Cinova 80 mill for over a year with no luck. An arbor support for any similar Cincinnati No. 2 size mill such as an MI, ML, Cinel 60, etc. will fit.

Placed ads here (https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/tooling-parts-and-accessories-for-sale-or-wanted/wtb-type-b-arbor-support-cincinnati-cinova-80-no-2-size-mill-mi-ml-etc-395821/), running a permanent search on eBay, periodically searching the web, etc. but no luck.

Anyone have one they'd want to part with, or might know where I can find one? Thanks!

Thanks for the links! I had seen the first one, which looks like a Cincinnati, or at least the bushing is a Cincy part, but without the dimensions I couldn't determine if the support would fit my Cinova. Unfortunately, the serial number ("11A4PIANE\36") stamped on the support must be a later Cincy style, as I don't recognize the sequence and can't determine what model of mill it was originally fitted to.

The second one I had not seen before, and you're correct, the dimensions look awfully close. The bushing on this one is also a Cincy part, and although the overall shape is somewhat different from the one in the Cinova parts catalog, it might fit. This one is worth a closer look.

So true about the problem of deciphering dimensions from photos, especially if the tape is not on the same plane as the points being measured.

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks for the links! I had seen the first one, which looks like a Cincinnati, or at least the bushing is a Cincy part, but without the dimensions I couldn't determine if the support would fit my Cinova. Unfortunately, the serial number ("11A4PIANE\36") stamped on the support must be a later Cincy style, as I don't recognize the sequence and can't determine what model of mill it was originally fitted to.

The second one I had not seen before, and you're correct, the dimensions look awfully close. The bushing on this one is also a Cincy part, and although the overall shape is somewhat different from the one in the Cinova parts catalog, it might fit. This one is worth a closer look.

So true about the problem of deciphering dimensions from photos, especially if the tape is not on the same plane as the points being measured.

Your help is much appreciated!

Not sure if you've tried these guys Cincinnati Repair Parts, I think they have quite a lot of cinci parts (no affiliation, never bought from them).

Thanks for that suggestion. I've tried to contact CRP for some other parts, but never had a reply from them, so didn't even think to inquire for an arbor support.

I took a flyer on the first one that texasgunsmith pointed out, and got lucky. It's definitely a Cincinnati arbor support from a No. 2 machine, and it dialed in very closely on my Cinova 80 spindle. The different shape to the casting and the odd serial number leads me to believe that it is originally from a Cincinnati mill made at their subsidiary factory in Birmingham, England.

Back