What's new
What's new

Useful links/resources to Tools, Parts, and Other Information

texasgeartrain

Titanium
This will be a sticky.

Post any useful links to tools, parts, useful charts or calculators, etc

As we go, I will break into sub categories, copy and add your link. Then delete your post to keep the thread clean.

Could be anything, inserts, oils, any variety of tools. handy charts, calculators, vendors, metals suppliers, whatever.

I have a life, be patient, I'll sort it as soon as I can. :D

This will be a sticky.

Post any useful links to tools, parts, useful charts or calculators, etc

As we go, I will break into sub categories, copy and add your link. Then delete your post to keep the thread clean.

Could be anything, inserts, oils, any variety of tools. handy charts, calculators, vendors, metals suppliers, whatever.

I have a life, be patient, I'll sort it as soon as I can. :D

The intentions are good, but this one is "misson impossible" to keep up with.

The world is too large and far too fast moving. Much as many would LOVE to be able to click and know the lastest and best <widget for a purpose>, their purposes alone vary all over the lot.

Might suggest instead a "help, we NEED <something to do this better/at-all>" area?

Sort of a dial 911, "we need the rescue squad.."

?

The intentions are good, but this one is "misson impossible" to keep up with.

The world is too large and far too fast moving. Much as many would LOVE to be able to click and know the lastest and best <widget for a purpose>, their purposes alone vary all over the lot.

Might suggest instead a "help, we NEED <something to do this better/at-all>" area?

Sort of a dial 911, "we need the rescue squad.."

?

That could all prove true. My hope is after a painful, time consuming month or so that it settles into occasional edits, additions and such.

I don't want a wall of sticky's, nor do I guess most users. I have a plan that will probably maintain between 5 to 7 total. If something becomes irrelevant, or annoyingly in the way, I'll drop the sticky status. We'll be experimenting into the near future.

That could all prove true. My hope is after a painful, time consuming month or so that it settles into occasional edits, additions and such.

I don't want a wall of sticky's, nor do I guess most users. I have a plan that will probably maintain between 5 to 7 total. If something becomes irrelevant, or annoyingly in the way, I'll drop the sticky status. We'll be experimenting into the near future.

Advertisers, like 'em or not, are constantly updateing their presentations. One of the sources for up-to-date tooling information. Or at least reminders as to whom to go and check.

Not to forget, this one forum is not an really island.

PM has others not as heavily used as they might be. Manufacturing Resources. WTB
and for Sale.

One sticky could also be a menu - with hints and links to other parts of PM?

One sticky could also be a menu - with hints and links to other parts of PM?

That's not a terrible idea if I gather what you're thinking. Similar to what you were suggesting here I believe, as well as I've seen you write other places:
Major Rebuilds or Repairs per Manufacture

There's a lot of features, not often explored. A lot of which is outside of my understanding, or time that I would need to do it.

If you write it in a sense that most can understand, I'll sticky it.

Can't say I entirely agree with the sentiment of the song, but to quote Alice's Restaurant: twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored
Glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
Each one explainin' what each one was

Might need the photos, circles and arrows part to help folks out.

I'd request/recommend "How to post pics" first page/early on, as it comes up often.

I'd lock/unlock per request for you to edit. Delete user comments, to clean it and keep it tight, if you like. Or post a page or so at night when I'm on to lock/unlock it.

That's not a terrible idea if I gather what you're thinking. Similar to what you were suggesting here I believe, as well as I've seen you write other places:
Major Rebuilds or Repairs per Manufacture

There's a lot of features, not often explored. A lot of which is outside of my understanding, or time that I would need to do it.

If you write it in a sense that most can understand, I'll sticky it.
Meaaaah. There was a time I could even march a gang of rowdy rabble in step well enough to win parades, so yah. Can do!

:)

Can't say I entirely agree with the sentiment of the song, but to quote Alice's Restaurant: twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored
Glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
Each one explainin' what each one was
Just went and checked. Still have the Akai 8-track player, but Arlo's tapes have probably glued themselves together. No fear. I remember the song in "wetware". I've been known to go on stage and sing "City of New Orleans", though it looks and sounds more like Willy's version. Willy is better-looking, actually. He did weed. Not I. Weed-killer, rather (Agent Orange!)

:)

Might need the photos, circles and arrows part to help folks out.
John Oder's photos with the "chin" border area carrying a concise text note are an inspirational example of best practice.

It insures that if referenced in other than the original context there is less risk of confusion.

I'd request/recommend "How to post pics" first page/early on, as it comes up often.
It is in stickies and "how to" and in-thread post by many of us in threads all over PM.

Lead a horse to water. Can't get 'im to drink.
I'd lock/unlock per request for you to edit. Delete user comments, to clean it and keep it tight, if you like. Or post a page or so at night when I'm on to lock/unlock it.

There a lower-risk and less labour intensive way that needeth not any particular time sync.

I can furnish "drafts" for review first.

loki2# pkg_add hiawatha
hiawatha-10.8.4p0:mbedtls-2.16.6: ok
hiawatha-10.8.4p0: ok
loki2#

I'll tease that around a bit, then put it onto a new "loki" box so you can see before and after, side by side. Right off a bookmark, then a menu.

Suggest also running drafts past a select panel of "judges"?

Wiser than "One riot, One Ranger" when dealing with the potentially "contentious".

BTDT... etc..

Out-of-band Email coming later.

Breakfast time, UCT, now.

:D

Back