Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks much for the dimension, that was another one of the reasons I had started to get it appart. My bad for not including the pic, had the question on my mind and was away from the garage. The top nut is off, you can see the set screw and spanner hole. The lower nut is on the shaft with the chip and dings, not all from me. So I had a clue I'm not the first to struggle. Ok, I think I have the picture included.20190527_183124.jpg
    Last edited by Shiseiji; 05-27-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Adding picture X2

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Louisiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now I see. What you call the lower nut is in fact part of the housing. See pic.

20181021-02.jpg

Bottom to top are the indexing plate, sector arms, groove for the spring clip (here I am getting measurements to make my own spring clip), round preload nut, flat for the arm (handle), retaining washer & top nut.

The plate & sector arms are a tight fit onto the housing. You will want to remove any mushroomed spots on it before those parts can be removed / installed.

Another couple of pics that might shed more light.

20180901_184857416.jpg

20180831-04.jpg

3. Likes Shiseiji liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brockwood, thank you! I wasn't notified of the response and then for the life of me couldn't remember which forum I got the response from. My since apologies! I decided I just needed to go to every forum I could possibly have made the inquiry on. Thanks so much for the assembly explanation. Without the nomenclature I was obviously lost looking at the diagram. Time to reattack witk Kroil and Swiss files to free up parts. Really appreciate the time you took to make the partial assembly photos. I'm sure many others will also benefit. Ron

5. Likes brockwood liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Louisiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My pleasure Shiseiji. I don't know much, but like to share when I can. Karma!!!
    Last edited by brockwood; 06-15-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree 1,000% and thanks again.
    Ron to bicycle maintenance class students at co-op: "This is a Schrader valve core tool. Doesn't get much use, but handy to have when needed. I carry one in my car. It's for when the jerk parks so close you have to climb in from the passenger side. Somehow when that happens I find I always need to check the air pressure in both of my right side tires . . . . spare? check. Emergency pump? check. Spare valve cores . . . now I wouldn't say I've ever done such a thing. But what goes around, comes around. I doubt I'll ever see it, but karma is a witch.:

8. Likes brockwood liked this post