What's new
What's new

Kearney and Trecker Part Number

ramsay1

Titanium
Hello: I have a gear part #22324 with 36 helical teeth O.D. 4.200 and it does not appear in any of my parts books.. I know it is for a 40 spindle because of the drive lugs machined into it....It has no bolt holes for attaching to spindle so it is fastened with a bolt to the spindle plug...Can anyone offer any insight into this? Regards; Ramsay 1:)

Hello: I have a gear part #22324 with 36 helical teeth O.D. 4.200 and it does not appear in any of my parts books.. I know it is for a 40 spindle because of the drive lugs machined into it....It has no bolt holes for attaching to spindle so it is fastened with a bolt to the spindle plug...Can anyone offer any insight into this? Regards; Ramsay 1:)

4.220" OD over the teeth (no "PD rings" here). Four holes, counterbored, raised drive lugs. 40-taper host.

Fits a head JO ID'ed the age and lot number of several years ago in a PM thread. My notes are "somewhere", just not handy.

But somethin' ain't right. Counted it thrice.

32 teeth.

Mine fits and runs. Sure yours is even in this "family"? Or mayhap for some other K&T application?

Or not-even K&T? I wudda thot they bought-in good gears rather than made their own, so resemblances could be possible.

4.220" OD over the teeth (no "PD rings" here). Four holes, counterbored, raised drive lugs. 40-taper host.

Fits a head JO ID'ed the age and lot number of several years ago in a PM thread. My notes are "somewhere", just not handy.

But somethin' ain't right. Counted it thrice.

32 teeth.

Mine fits and runs. Sure yours is even in this "family"? Or mayhap for some other K&T application?

Or not-even K&T? I wudda thot they bought-in good gears rather than made their own, so resemblances could be possible.

Nope.. No counterbored holes at all... Held in by bolt in spindle plug... Ramsay 1:)

Nope.. No counterbored holes at all... Held in by bolt in spindle plug... Ramsay 1:)

The DRIVEN, not drivING one on my head (same one John is discussing, other thread) is also 32 tooth, no discs, but is attached with a single, central fastener to the driven shaft. No other bolts.

FWIW-not-much, as these were wartime production, neither gear has a part number on it.

Back