What's new
What's new

Van Norman Yahoo group no access

leeko

Stainless
Hi,

Does anyone know if the van norman yahoo group is still active/moderated?

I'm trying to join the group, but not having much success. I requested to join, and received an automated response asking me to confirm my request. I did that yesterday, but nothing has changed - all the options to view past conversations, threads, photos etc are still greyed out. I tried to send a query to the list owner, but it bounced back to me.

Do I just need to wait longer?

Thanks,

Lee

I'm one of those Van Norman Yahoo group moderators who hasn't been keeping up with things. I'll go have a look and unwedge approvals this afternoon.

As to moving to groups.io, I don't even know what "groups.io" _is_, so there hasn't been any sort of well-organized move in that direction. --- Okay, I just visited groups.io, and there is not currently a Van Norman group there, at least under that name and available for public search.

Added in edit: The three pending joins (one guy, three emails) have been approved. leeko, you should be good to go.

I'm one of those Van Norman Yahoo group moderators who hasn't been keeping up with things. I'll go have a look and unwedge approvals this afternoon.

As to moving to groups.io, I don't even know what "groups.io" _is_, so there hasn't been any sort of well-organized move in that direction. --- Okay, I just visited groups.io, and there is not currently a Van Norman group there, at least under than name and available for public search.

The Yahoo shaper group moved to groups.io. Not so the Van Norman group.

Sorry I am late to reply to this. Some of us branched out to a Facebook group for Van Norman, because Yahoo isn't the best as far as getting pictures posted. Second, I would agree, this is a really good place too for info, especially with Cal here. I would say it is better than any other option because of the depth of experience across the board. Lastly, there had been a recent "spam" thing with Chuck enjoying his retirement that is getting a little annoying and it's starting to make me want to leave that group.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Hi Michael,

I'll take a look for the Facebook group, thanks for the pointer :)

I don't think the Chuck retirement thing is a spam thing, though - I think Chuck probably registered his work email for the group, and then retired. His work email has an auto-reply set, so whenever there's a message on the group, it fires an auto-reply. It should be a simple thing for the group moderator to block that email or remove him from the group, but I'm guessing it's not very closely moderated at this point

Thanks again,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hi Michael,

I'll take a look for the Facebook group, thanks for the pointer :)

I don't think the Chuck retirement thing is a spam thing, though - I think Chuck probably registered his work email for the group, and then retired. His work email has an auto-reply set, so whenever there's a message on the group, it fires an auto-reply. It should be a simple thing for the group moderator to block that email or remove him from the group, but I'm guessing it's not very closely moderated at this point

Thanks again,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I actually didn't think of the auto reply thing. Good point. I'll stay.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Back