What's new
What's new

Want to buy shaper/slotter attachment for k&t 2h

Brianison

Aluminum
Hi All,
I'm looking for a shaper attachment for a K&T 2H. I've been watching ebay etc. for years, but never have caught one. Always find ones for bigger machines.
I'm not willing to by someone a new car for one, but I am willing to pay a reasonable price for one, and arrange pickup, or shipping.
For Identification purposes the overarm holes on a 2H are 3 5/8" I.D.

If you have one let me know, send a pic or 2 ,and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,
Brian Ison

Maybe it's me but I don't see a lot of them for the 2H, I have one for the 2K that I have had for years.
I don't know if you have tried the equipment wanted section, but I have had fair results in those sites there are a number of them out there.

Hi All,
I'm looking for a shaper attachment for a K&T 2H. I've been watching ebay etc. for years, but never have caught one. Always find ones for bigger machines.
I'm not willing to by someone a new car for one, but I am willing to pay a reasonable price for one, and arrange pickup, or shipping.
For Identification purposes the overarm holes on a 2H are 3 5/8" I.D.

If you have one let me know, send a pic or 2 ,and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,
Brian Ison

Hopefully, Mdmachine has a bolt-on.

Otherwise, they are not THAT hard to adapt, proper overarm, or none at all.

A) "As used" to adapt my one to an alien mill (USMT "Quartet") a plate to pick-up on the dovetails, hole in the center for the 40-taper spindle, was fabbed and bolted to the column. Gear mesh / alignment to the spindle axis is set by hand.

Same system adapts the K&T angle head, same mill. Overarm is retracted clear out of the way. Downside? Only position is flat up againt the column, not adjustable out on the overarm.

There's another way if I NEEDED that:

B) The heads swivel. Fab a thick "ell" to pick up on your overarms, round or dovetail, either one.

Place steel "biscuit" pucks on the downleg of the ell that pick-up on the ear-loops of the head - out to one side of the overarm.

Mount is now at 90-degrees off the usual.

BFD. Swivel the head. Telescoping driveshaft is possible.

Clumsy? Sorta.

Need used with a bit more finesse as to how hard to push a cut than usual?

Probably. Also seeing to provide for lube as well.

But cheaper than even a rather sadly-badly-used car.

And yah don't need the seperate "real shaper" taking up floorspace. I need to shed my one!

:)

FOUND ONE!!! Actually, one found me. Made a new friend to boot. Many thanks again Mark!
Thanks to all who replied, or even took a look. Video, and pics soon to come.

Brian Ison

Back