What's new
What's new

What can you tell me about this 13" Leblond?

Domodude17

Aluminum
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or area, there isn't a Leblond forum on there. I found a Regal 13" Leblond that's in great shape, allegedly never used in industry. Haven't checked it out in person yet. All the original paperwork is with it. Would a Regal 13" have power feed and power cross feed? Other thing that's tripping me up is the motor and the RPMs. It's got Timken bearings, but is still only 750rpms? That seems slow. The lathe is allegedly run on a 3/4hp 110v motor, so i'd likely be upgrading that to a more appropriate HP rating.

00K0K_5aMysz0OKxdz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00101_4yaTXNSeclmz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00808_lFT5a95Il4z_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00d0d_1mg6IShmLgOz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

Early LeBlond Lathe

I have the 15" machine similar to the one you are referring to.. My machine was made in 1941... Top speed on my machine is 500 RPM.. Borderline for inserted tooling...I use mostly hi speed tools in the old rocker tool post....Here is a spindle adapter I made with my 15" trainer... The milling of the slots, of course, was done on my 1943 Kearney and Trecker...... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• Finished part.jpg
    Finished part.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 30
I have one like that.It will do what you ask.Normally don't come with metric threading gears. I don't see why you couldn't step up the speed to 1000.The plain bearing spindles on the older machines was the hold back as for increasing speed. Yours like mine has Timkins so I don't see why it would hurt.It's splash oiled so maybe might leak a little,don't know if any changes were made in the head when they went to higher speeds. The rest of the gear train is very similar to the later high speed Regals. I use a 15" 70's Regal at work all the external gearing looks the same.

That looks pretty nice.It's just not a hogging machine.If the price is right and it will meet your needs jump on it,they are nice machines.

I put a 3hp motor on mine just because I had one but if I had to buy one I wouldn't go over 2 hp.

Back