What's new
What's new

What size of Cincinnati Mill does these overarm supports fit? (Bigger then 2MI)

thmachine1

Aluminum
Hello All,

I acquired these two horizontal mill arbor supports in a auction the other day. The original owner said the milling machine got scrapped a long time ago, but these supports laid around in a cabinet. They are far to big to fit my machine. The bronze bushing measures a whopping 2.75" diameter. I have attached two pictures. One picture is of very rough dimensions of the dovetails. I can take more accurate measurements upon request (if needed)

Looking to learn what size of milling machine these fit. The number stamped into both of the supports is (11713) I am assuming that these are Cincinnati brand. Could be wrong.

Looking to find these a good home if you know of someone in need.

Thanks for your time!
cin ov.jpgCin Overarm.jpg

I've got an old Cinci No. 3 Universal at my shop. Next time I'm there I'll take some measurements of the overarm dovetail. FWIW, the front brace mounts look too close together for a No. 3 or 4...

Attachments

• 20191115_160423.jpg
    20191115_160423.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 20191115_171547.jpg
    20191115_171547.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 121
They are to big for my #2 high speed, the way they are serial numbered without a model prefix makes me wonder if they where used on a production machine.

On this thread they have pics with rough measurements of No. 4 arbor supports, which supposedly will fit a No. 3: Old Woodworking Machines - Login
I think you may be on to something - they sure look like Cinci parts, but not quite the same as on most of the universal/knee mills I've seen. FYI - I'll be at the shop tomorrow - I'll grab you some better measurements.

OK - my No. 3 arbor supports have the following dimensions:

Dovetail width (top) 6-1/16" (bottom) 7-3/4"
Depth of dovetail 1-1/4"
Top to center of brace studs 7-1/4"
Brace studs center to center 8-1/2"
Bushing hole (widest part of taper) 3-1/4"

@citxmech

Thank you for the dimensions. After re-measuring my two arbor supports. All the dimensions seem to line up. Looks like this will fit a No.3 Mill.

If you know of anyone who would be interested in these two units, let me know.

You are very welcome! I don't know anybody else with a No. 3 local to me - but I'm sure there's somebody here who could put them to good use (I'm trying very hard to resist the temptation to having some spares). Maybe post them in the classifieds? Are these case iron units, or the aluminum ones?

Hello All,

I acquired these two horizontal mill arbor supports in a auction the other day. The original owner said the milling machine got scrapped a long time ago, but these supports laid around in a cabinet. They are far to big to fit my machine. The bronze bushing measures a whopping 2.75" diameter. I have attached two pictures. One picture is of very rough dimensions of the dovetails. I can take more accurate measurements upon request (if needed)

Looking to learn what size of milling machine these fit. The number stamped into both of the supports is (11713) I am assuming that these are Cincinnati brand. Could be wrong.

Looking to find these a good home if you know of someone in need.

Thanks for your time!
View attachment 272086View attachment 272087

I just stumbled upon this thread and happen to be looking for what you have, do you still have them and if so what are you looking to get for them? Thanks.

Back