What's new
What's new

Yet another lube cross reference question

ww_kayak

Aluminum
I picked up this Hydrashift 15x42:

I'm cleaning it up and changing all the fluids before I start it. Searching the forum gave the following info:

Lube:

Milacron P-38 ~= ISO AW32 Hydraulic ~= Mobile DTE 24 (10W SSU-165)
Milacron P-55 ~= ISO AW46 Hydraulic ~= Mobile DTE 25 (20 SSU-238)
Milacron P-54 ~= ISO AW68 Hydraulic ~= Mobile DTE 26 (20 SSU-335)

Way / Spindle:

Milacron P-?? ~= Vactra #1 ~= ISO VG 32 ~= Vacuoline 1405
Milacron P-47 ~= Vactra #2 ~= ISO VG 68 ~= Vacuoline 1409 (tactifier)
Milacron P-50 ~= Vactra #4 ~= ISO VG 220 ~= Vacuoline 1419 (tactifier)

The one I can't find is a replacement for is the end gear oil which the manual recommends socony mobile dorcia 150. Ive seen Mobil Dorcia Gear Lube 107, and Socony Gargoyle, but I'm still unsure what to use. :confused:

Thanks,
Tom

ww_kayak,
I have the handiest reference; the Lubrication Manual, 9th ed., by Cincinnati Milicron, dated 1971. Armed with such a mighty reference, I thought I'd never be stumped again. Wrong. I looked through the entire book and can't find mobile dorcia 150. Can you find any else to go by, P-#, etc?

BTW, there is a label on my Monarch which recommends the use of Socony something or another oil. Just last month an elderly friend stopped by and noticed the label. "Do you know what Socony stands for?", he asked. I had no idea. "Standard Oil Company of New York", he replied. Sounds like a good answer to me.

BTW, Milacron P-53 ~= to Vactra #1.

I think the other guys here will probably recommend DTE 24 or 25 for your gear oil.

Good luck,
John

Looking at my Lagun Manual it calls for Mobil Dorcia 150. According to this its a grease. theres a list of other types to use in the manual which are. Shell Ossagol-V-gris, Esso Surret-Fluid-30-F, and 2 other brands I never heard off.

I can't find much info on any of them so I'm still looking. I really don't enjoy trying to find grease and oils.

Answers to the old Oil

Looking at my Lagun Manual it calls for Mobil Dorcia 150. According to this its a grease. theres a list of other types to use in the manual which are. Shell Ossagol-V-gris, Esso Surret-Fluid-30-F, and 2 other brands I never heard off.

I can't find much info on any of them so I'm still looking. I really don't enjoy trying to find grease and oils.

I was wondering if you ever found a answer to this old post or if you have a possible alternative. I recently acquired a lagun ftv-2 and i also wanted to update the lubrication.

Hacken, sir
Some of the above listed p-series oil are wrong. I would suggest calling the Mobil industrial support line and have a list of what you want cross referenced and go with their recommendations.
Last number I have for them is 1-800-662-4525. If this is no longer a valid number I might suggest looking a good one up on their web sight. They have always been more than helpful to me and are great at cross referencing the obsolete oils with new production stuff.
Hope this helps
Stay safe
Calvin B

Back