What's new
What's new

.001 position call out to od to od. Shaft dia is the datum. No matl condition

Turnmaster2

Plastic
.562 dia shaft over 4." long with a .194 dia thrd relief at .6 long with a .250 -28 ext thrd at the end .300 long. I turn it all together with the tail stk ingaged the tail stk is running concentric to my chuck within .004 (not bad) but after i turn the part, and all is running concentric with the tail stk ingaged, when i retract it an remove the part from the machine the .194 dia springs enough that i have as much as .002 run out at the end (the thrd pd)
i have a .001 potion call out thrd to .562 dia. (which works out to .0005) would that head stk being off from the tail stk cause the problem i cant consistently hold true postion for the run out. (no matl condion call out)

[email protected]

Last edited:
If everything is on dial in the Machine, the TS shouldn't have anything to do with runout. Unless of course a person is using the same center hole to do final inspection. That's why I asked....

R

.562 dia shaft over 4." long with a .194 dia thrd relief at .6 long with a .250 -28 ext thrd at the end .300 long. I turn it all together with the tail stk ingaged the tail stk is running concentric to my chuck within .004 (not bad) but after i turn the part, and all is running concentric with the tail stk ingaged, when i retract it an remove the part from the machine the .194 dia springs enough that i have as much as .002 run out at the end (the thrd pd)
i have a .001 potion call out thrd to .562 dia. (which works out to .0005) would that head stk being off from the tail stk cause the problem i cant consistently hold true postion for the run out. (no matl condion call out)

[email protected]

I hv a sm fvr to ask. Cn u typ out ur wds cmpltly?

Back