.001 position call out to od to od. Shaft dia is the datum. No matl condition
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default .001 position call out to od to od. Shaft dia is the datum. No matl condition

    .562 dia shaft over 4." long with a .194 dia thrd relief at .6 long with a .250 -28 ext thrd at the end .300 long. I turn it all together with the tail stk ingaged the tail stk is running concentric to my chuck within .004 (not bad) but after i turn the part, and all is running concentric with the tail stk ingaged, when i retract it an remove the part from the machine the .194 dia springs enough that i have as much as .002 run out at the end (the thrd pd)
    i have a .001 potion call out thrd to .562 dia. (which works out to .0005) would that head stk being off from the tail stk cause the problem i cant consistently hold true postion for the run out. (no matl condion call out)

    [email protected]
    Last edited by Turnmaster2; 11-08-2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added e mail

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1182
    Likes (Received)
    2462

    Default

    How are you verifying TIR from the Threaded part to the .562 Diameter?

    R

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    181
    Likes (Received)
    1111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    How are you verifying TIR from the Threaded part to the .562 Diameter?

    R
    Did you read the tailstock is out 4k? I'd start there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1182
    Likes (Received)
    2462

    Default

    If everything is on dial in the Machine, the TS shouldn't have anything to do with runout. Unless of course a person is using the same center hole to do final inspection. That's why I asked....

    R

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    181
    Likes (Received)
    1111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    If everything is on dial in the Machine, the TS shouldn't have anything to do with runout. Unless of course a person is using the same center hole to do final inspection. That's why I asked....

    R
    Hy lilrob

    That's where I figured you were going

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turnmaster2 View Post
    .562 dia shaft over 4." long with a .194 dia thrd relief at .6 long with a .250 -28 ext thrd at the end .300 long. I turn it all together with the tail stk ingaged the tail stk is running concentric to my chuck within .004 (not bad) but after i turn the part, and all is running concentric with the tail stk ingaged, when i retract it an remove the part from the machine the .194 dia springs enough that i have as much as .002 run out at the end (the thrd pd)
    i have a .001 potion call out thrd to .562 dia. (which works out to .0005) would that head stk being off from the tail stk cause the problem i cant consistently hold true postion for the run out. (no matl condion call out)

    [email protected]
    I hv a sm fvr to ask. Cn u typ out ur wds cmpltly?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    stockton ca.
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default

    Apparently you are not the turn master.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    4,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1182
    Likes (Received)
    2462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar987 View Post
    I hv a sm fvr to ask. Cn u typ out ur wds cmpltly?
    ROFLMAO. Eyme n gi, pet is 2019 bro.

  9. Likes Matt_Maguire, digger doug liked this post
  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    181
    Likes (Received)
    1111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litlerob1 View Post
    ROFLMAO. Eyme n gi, pet is 2019 bro.
    Dafuq lol???


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •