What's new
What's new

0TC 400 Alarm Questions

alphonso

Titanium
Getting 400 alarm on power up. Diagnostic 721.7 = overload either with board or motor. I presume 721 is for Z axis.?? If this correct, then problem is with board as the motor is not connected, in fact it has been removed from machine.

Going down the troubleshooting tree the OH LED is not on, only the green is lit.

Next step says check the S1 setting. Cause 1 says "if S1 is incorrect the amp gets overheated just by powering up". Not sure how to check the setting. Haven't found info in the amplifier manual(GFZ-65005E/07). A little help, please.

An aside.https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...-continuation-0tc-cpa9-board-question-379396/ I managed to get the PLC/PMC parameters loaded in a normal manner: LSK flashing, press EOB and input,INPUT flashes and parameters load. Tried to load diagnostic parameters but LSK wouldn't come on. Anyway, there are a bunch of entries in the table. Haven't checked them against my back up list. I suspect that there may be a bad connection at the DP25 plug. Wire side looks pretty corroded.

You have to at least have the encoder cable connected to the motor. The thermal switch that in embedded in the servo is a NC device. If the encoder cable is disconnected then the OH circuit is open and drives an alarm.

Ah so. I will install the new (correct) servo motor and see what happens. Hopefully today.
Servo motor that was in machine has a brake that had been disabled/removed. Correct motor does not have a brake.

Finally got the servo motor installed. ON button still seems to be a problem in that I can't show any continuity thru points. Button and switch assemby is Klockner Moeller KI-B (or K1-B, can't really tell, ink is just about gone) which seems to be obsolete, lost in the ozone, info unattainable. This switch does not match the schematics.

Powered up and 400 error is gone. 100 error present. Changed PWE and 100 went away. However could not get hydraulics to come on Shut down and restart. Can't get past version screen. 24volt supply is 25.4v, so I assume it is okay.

Update. Progress made???? ?

Worked on ON and OFF button switches. Not sure if they are functioning correctly.

Power up. Display stops at version screen. Displays NOT READY steady.

Pick any menu button i.e. prog., diag., etc. The selected menu displays and NOT READY flashes.

Second push of ON button starts hydraulics. NOT READY continues to flash. No message that machine needs to be homed. No other alarms.

MDI does not function. JOG does not function. Carriage and cross slide well off limit switches.

??????????????????

Is Diagnostic 21 bit 4 0? If so then you have an e-stop condition. Doesn't necessarily mean an E-stop switch is pressed, it can be anything the machine builder wanted to connect that would e-stop the machine if in an abnormal state.

Diagnostic 21.4 is 1. Push E-Stop and it changes to 0. There is a wire disconnected in the bundle of wires going to the switches on the control deck. I really think it is supposed to be attached somewhere because of the termination. Don't have clue where it might go because the schematics don't have the wires numbered, only the terminals on the switches and the other end of the circuit. And since the schematics don't match this part of the machine, it makes it even harder for my one functioning brain cell to figure it out.

21.4 being 1 confirms the physical e-stop circuit is good. To check the logical (PMC) e-stop look at Diagnostic 121 bit 4. It should be 1 if everything is good with the ladder. If it is 0 then you will need to look at the ladder logic to see what condition is not being made.

121.4 is 0. So we have a problem. Not sure where to start in the ladder. Not going to happen today. 116 degrees on the floor right now. Humidity is around 72% Office is a nice 91 degrees.

Back