1 1/4 - 11 1/2 internal thread - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fancuku View Post
    G78 threading means your lathe was setup as a mill with the type B Fanuc G code. I'd like to know why that genius decided to do that.
    My guess is he don't know the difference. I was under the impression G78 and G76 in function were damn near identical. Only difference was the call numbers. The G78 program he used doesn't look like a multi-repetitive canned cycle. Looking at the code in the OP I think everyone assumed it was a Fanuc control. Unless I missed it I didn't see where he said it was. He said It's a Bridgeport lathe.

Brent
    Last edited by yardbird; 04-11-2021 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added the quote

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Booze Daily View Post
    M03 is correct
    Except on this control I'm using. M3 and M4 are backwards from normal. Righthand threads are M4, left are M3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wmpy View Post
    It's rare, but I have seen some machine tool builders use M04 for right hand cutting spindle direction instead of the much more commonly used M03. It makes things confusing. What machine is this on?
    My Wasino LJ63M/Fanuc 10T is one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    OK I am going insane! This POS lathe is stupid. Near as I can tell there has to be a way to change for threading the ID. In the manual I found ID threading in MDI or "do event mode". Never had this kind of trouble running a HASS lathe. So I'm still at it. I'll get this figured out, hopefully before I run out of aspirin.

Actually in my post #8 each pass was not going deeper. Each pass was moving towards the center line. The only thing that would change is the angle depending on the + or - R value.
    I'd really like to know if you ran the same program with a X1.4 start position instead?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird View Post
    My guess is he don't know the difference. I was under the impression G78 and G76 in function were damn near identical. Only difference was the call numbers. The G78 program he used doesn't look like a multi-repetitive canned cycle. Looking at the code in the OP I think everyone assumed it was a Fanuc control. Unless I missed it I didn't see where he said it was. He said It's a Bridgeport lathe.

Brent
    G78 threading in Type B G-code is the equivalent of G92 threading of the type A G-code which every lathe has by default except when there's a genius who sets up a lathe like a mill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G78 threading in Type B G-code is the equivalent of G92 threading of the type A G-code which every lathe has by default except when there's a genius who sets up a lathe like a mill.
    There are many makes of control that have a format the same as the B or C option offered by Fanuc. Fanuc have the option of selecting one of three G Code formats to accommodate the many and varied MTBs that use a Fanuc control in their build and want to use their default G Code format. I've not played with a Cincinnati control for quite awhile, but the older controls used a format similar to the Fanuc B or C option. Some shops that have lathes that only have the format the same as the Fanuc System "B", choose to set their Fanuc Control lathes to System "B" for uniformity.

With regards to the OP's control, I think you will find that its not a Fanuc control set to G Code System "B", but a BRIDGEPORT DX-32 control that uses G Code format the same as the Fanuc System "B".

Regards,

Bill

7. Likes gregormarwick liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G78 threading means your lathe was setup as a mill with the type B Fanuc G code. I'd like to know why that genius decided to do that.
    What is with the genius remark? Not feeling the love here.

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird View Post

Brent
    Difference? I know what worked and what wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by DMSentra View Post
    I'd really like to know if you ran the same program with a X1.4 start position instead?
    Yes. The pic of the program in post #17 showed it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    There are many makes of control that have a format the same as the B or C option offered by Fanuc. Fanuc have the option of selecting one of three G Code formats to accommodate the many and varied MTBs that use a Fanuc control in their build and want to use their default G Code format. I've not played with a Cincinnati control for quite awhile, but the older controls used a format similar to the Fanuc B or C option. Some shops that have lathes that only have the format the same as the Fanuc System "B", choose to set their Fanuc Control lathes to System "B" for uniformity.

With regards to the OP's control, I think you will find that its not a Fanuc control set to G Code System "B", but a BRIDGEPORT DX-32 control that uses G Code format the same as the Fanuc System "B".

Regards,

Bill
    You got me there Bill, this stuff is way over my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    You got me there Bill, this stuff is way over my head.
    Hello blueboy,
    Basically, what brand of control does your machine have? I suspect that it won't have a Fanuc name on it anywhere.

It helps when asking for help with programming issues, to specify the make and model of control.

Regards,

Bill