What's new
What's new

$10,000 CNC Machine

jdownie

Plastic
Hello,

I am trying to focus my research for a CNC machine that is capable of machining complex shaped models, out of aluminum and resin. Occasionally I might use steel, but this would be rare. I don't need an ATC or production speeds. I would like a reliable machine, something in the size range of the Kitamura Mycenter Zero.

TIA

John

Well, you can get a 10 k VMC but it will be an old dog that will need some work odds are. Don't forget that you will need tooling, 3 phase power, tools, retention knobs, coolant, vice, and the software to drive it.

If all you will do is aluminum and resin you may want to look at a CNC router also.

Thank you...to a beginner the field is rather overwhelming. Can you give a short list of brands that offer appropriate CNC routers?

John

You might want to check out Ebay.... I bought a Hurco MB1 with the latest mods, tooling, retention knobs, an RS232 port and running.... for $800.00. With all of the supersaver flights out there I was able to physically check out 4 machines before I bought this one. Couple that with a good CAD/CAM program and you can do ANY kind of machining you can think up....

After 9/11 I understand that many large facilities in the northeast were closing and liquidating machine tools for pennies on the POUND.... you just have to be patient.

Hope that helps

Reefcruiser

Back