What's new
What's new

1212 CNC Potentially Bent Ball Screw?

MaxRCAustralia

Plastic
Hello everybody, this is my first post in this forum:willy_nilly:!

I have purchased a 1212CNC router from China which I plan to manufacture my parts with. I have run into some problems which I can't seem to get my head around and request some help!

Ok, so my first problem has me thinking that there is a bent ball screw on the X-Axis. No matter what feed & speed combo I throw at it, there are marks on the surface (even when facing 0.1mm deep) at 10mm intervals. My ball screw is a 2510 which leads me to believe that a bent screw could be the culprit. I have tried adding a flexible jaw coupling, re-aligning the screw, and shimming the ball nut to no avail...

My second, larger problem, is that when climb cutting on the Y-axis (Y+) the spindle seems to 'Jump' through the cut, visibly shaking. I am aware that routers lack rigidity however this is a machine which should be more than capable of machining 6061 aluminum at the feeds I'm giving it:

RPM: 10,000
Feedrate: 1000mm/min
DOC: 4mm
Optimal Load: 1

This combination seems to be working well for very similar machines online however my machine prefers shaking itself to pieces!

Please let me know what you think, I'm at a point where I feel as though I've checked everything and just trying to find the cheapest upgrades necessary to make the machine perform better :)

You will probably have better luck over at the Zone getting help, not too many Chinese router owners here, if any.

Hey mate, an elementary task it is however I have already identified that it is bent. I am just wondering if it can cause the problems I am facing before replacing/straightening it out.

Back