What's new
What's new

1986 Mori Seki Mv Junior OT001 x & y over travel ( soft 1) Help!

Chughes

Plastic
Hi so I recently got a 1986 Mori Seki Mv Junior with a Fanuc 10M control and upon getting it all wired up when I first went to ref/ home machine it will ref to Z axis but when you do X or Y you get a alarm OT001 x over travel ( soft 1) then same alarm if you do it in the Y. I tried the P and Can button at the same time that didn't work. I read on a forum that it said try doing the - and . buttons together that how ever did bring me to a page that I was able to hit #4setting then input and then the forum said hit 99 input to exit IPL mode. Then when you do that it asks you allow to pass axis? Y input I press then It says option 1? then wont let me type anything and keeps giving more option #'s looks like this
option 1?
option 2?
option 3?
option 4?

Never got me anywhere so i hitt reset and start over and repeat steps up too 99 rather then doing the 99 input there is a# 6 end IPL mode so I try doing that as well instead of 99 but same result getting the alarm codes.

Last edited:
Does it have absolute encoders?

If you try to zero return an absolute encoder machine after the encoder memory batteries have lost power you will get something like what you've got there.

If this is the situation then 1) make sure the batteries are all new (with power on) 2) make sure X and Y limit switches are all unstuck and working. 3) go through the procedure to re-establish home position. It's in the 10M manual. It's like bit 4 parameter 1815, but don't quote me on that.

If this is the situation and you don't have the books post up and I will find the procedure for you.

Thanks for the reply it does have batteries but I don't think that's the issue because it still has programs in the memory directory and lets me home Z0. Typically what i have seen in the past is if batteries are dead and power is off you lose all parameters and all programs in the memory but probably not a bad idea still to put new ones in it.

But yes any more help would be great! I only got the programming manual for the machine.

Thanks for the reply it does have batteries but I don't think that's the issue because it still has programs in the memory directory and lets me home Z0. Typically what i have seen in the past is if batteries are dead and power is off you lose all parameters and all programs in the memory but probably not a bad idea still to put new ones in it.

But yes any more help would be great! I only got the programming manual for the machine.

It will have two sets of batteries if it has abs encoders. One set for the control memory and one set for the encoders. On my 10M Mori they are labeled.

Ok prefect, do you recall if the are D batteries or the size so i can Grab some on the way home or are they special type of batterie? Thanks

Thought I would check back in and let you guys know that I was able to clear the Ot alarm by going into IPL Mode and repeating the steps but
I was selecting Y at start to check Soft limits when I clearly wasn't thinking and needed to be N for no not to check them and got it all cleared. Machines working properly as it should.

Glad you got your Junior running ... My shop has had a Junior running continuously since the 80's, only rebuilt the spindle last year. Great durable machine.

Back