What's new
What's new

1992 Brother drill tap for sale... "could use some cleanup"...

The guys stationed on the submarine that was used on said it always made good parts regardless of the depth....

The guys stationed on the submarine that was used on said it always made good parts regardless of the depth....

In breathing gear were they? The machine looks as if seawater had gotten at the battery banks and sent a round of Chlorine gas out to have a go at the Iron.

Or mayhap just choice of coolants good for the worked material, not so good for the Iron in the machine doing said work?

For a machine from 1992, the control cabinet looks clean. It seems to operate which is huge plus.

Yeah credit were its do that control cabinet is the cleanest i have seen for a machine that age by far. i have seen sub 3 year old machines in cleaner industries with way more crap in than that!

Yeah credit were its do that control cabinet is the cleanest i have seen for a machine that age by far. i have seen sub 3 year old machines in cleaner industries with way more crap in than that!

The pattern inside, pattern and location on doors and beneath still looks like cutting fluid / coolant cumulative damage to me. "Tapping"? Historically that's exactly where we utilize some of our nastiest juices, after all.

It may indeed be in decent functional order.

Shocked that there is a video of it running and judging by the ugliness it is the same machine.

Back