What's new
What's new

ATC problem m06 not working

ashtech

Plastic
On my Ikegai TV4 maching center M06 is not working in MDI or Auto mode. In jog mode all the ATC operations are working independently. But when command is given in Auto or MDI it doesn't work. IS there any perticular program where ATC tool change position are mentioned. means when the M06 is given automatically that programme is called automatically so that sp.orientation, x,Y,Z axis positions are taken & tool change happens. I have not got that program o9000 or so in directory. Anybody is having this program .pls help. Machine is having fanuc 0mb control.

Can you manually actuate the solenoids to activate the toolchangers operations? If they work, then it's a control problem, if they dont work, then you have a place to start looking.

Is this a new problem or a new machine to you that just isn't working as you would hope?

Try running a
G30G0X0Y0Z0
prior to your M06
Your machine may need to be at a certain X Y before the tool change is executed
Make sure the table is clear of anything the tool may hit

Z 0 ?????????

Dont you think the Z should be way UP in the air?? and way UP should be a very large positive number... no?

maybe even sitting on a limit switch???

My Z0 is all the way up using a G30
I don't think it is a modal command.
But I'm using a 10M control, maybe the OMB is differant.

Note:
G30 G91 Z0 is often used by machine builders as a 'retract to tool change position'.
In fact, it retracts to the value given in parameter 736, which is usually defined by the machine tool builder as the ATC position.

In my clapped out 316 mills, its about Z-130. from the G28 ref postion.

In reply to the original problem, I would guess the ATC macro has been deleted, and that someone who has a working Ikegai TV4 with OMb control can send ashtech a copy of it.

Boris

You dont set Z 0 as the top of the part?
and that would make a tool that is above the part reading a + number of some amount?

Boris
My Victor is set so G30 Z0 = machine Z0
The par 736(I think) has to be set at Y-9.0/-14.0, otherwise the swing arm hits the back of the chip guard that rides with the table.
X can be almost anything w/o a problem.
I would think you would want to establish/adjust Z0 machine at/to the tool change position.
When I first got my machine the toolchanger didn't work because someone had adjusted the Z0 soft limit to .060 above tool change position. It only was able to change a tool 5% of the time w/o dropping one. And that was pure luck with a lot of crunch :(
Once I readjusted the Z0 = Required toolchange Z position the toolchanger works fine.

My question goes back to ashtech:
Was the machine performing a tool change in mdi/auto and the problem just started or is this a machine that had a problem before you used it?

On our bridgeport Interact 412 with Fanuc OM control you cannot do a MDI or manual tool change. You can only MDI M25 then push button to clamp or unclamp lock to remove tool holder. This is the way Bridgeport set this machine up and maybe that is the way ashteck's machine is set up. That is why the question "Was this working before to manually change tools?" must be answered. His machine may not be able to do a MDI or manual tool change. Program O900 is a macro program that is executed when in auto and the program has T? M6 then it executes program O900 to do a tool change.

I once lost my O9000 macros when I forgot control on input mode and turned the power off. Next morning when I powered it up, I got some error message so I looked from Fanuc manual what it was. Turns out it had somehow corrupted the machines memory. I had to format it in order to get it work. Lost all programs and also O9000 macros.

ashtech. There might be a disk in the machines documentation where you have the macros. There is a write protection to O9000 programs, so you have to turn it off to be able to send them to the machine.

Yes, exactly what CBR said. You need that 9000 series program to change tools. You will not see it unless parameter 10 bit 4 is not protecting it. Try changing that bit to "0" and seeing if they show up. If they are missing, then you will never be able to use M06 without putting in the correct program/macro. You must have the 9000 series program(s). (usually O9001 & O9002) Some machine tools have the tool change program written into the ladder, which is really nice, but it sounds like your doesn't. So, get out your manual, see what it's got in that area. Remember, parameter 10 bit 4 hides O9000 programs. If you have another machine very close in design, with the same control, you might be able to use that tool change programs/macro.

There is also a slight chance that there is a diagnostic parameter that is killing your tool changer. Or you've screwed with the macro A/B options in the 900 parameters.

Your manuals should be your guide. No manuals?? Call the machine tool manufacturer (look them up) and they will most likely fax/email you the program and walk you through it all......
Best of luck.

Mattedroom,
Thanks for the reply. yes param 10.4 is 0 then also o9000 series program not visible in the prog. lib. I think i lost it . In jog mode all the ATC funtions work fine. In the m/c manual
o9000 is not given niether I have similar m./c anyever here. If anybody is having similar m/c with similar configration can help me in this. I tried to contact Ikegai but no reply. No representative in India.

Ash.

If your not seeing any programs in that 9000 range, with that protection bit turned off, I’d concur that you have lost them.

Ikegai, got in trouble a few years ago. And were bought out by a Chinese company. So I don’t think support was as good as it used to be.

Did you try Ikegai – USA or Ecotech machinery? http://www.ikegai.com/ & http://www.ecotechmachinery.com/

One thing I’ve done when I’m desperate, is Google to locate a similar machine. They turn up in Companies equipment lists. Then write to them, and hope you find some one that gives a rats. Couple here I googled, There are others.

Malaysia - http://www.csyap.com.my/fac.html

Wisconsin http://www.idcwi.com/equip.html http://www.idcwi.com/contact.html I’d write to the Plant manager, and see if he can help. These wont be big files. And if any one has them backed up, they need not touch the machine.

This one is closer to home. They claim to have one, but I think it will be on consignment.
NV Machinery Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.machine-world.net/contact.asp

http://www.machine-world.net/machine.asp?mid=219&sid=223

Regards Phil.

Did it work before and just recently stopped working? Or is this a new machine for you? In the latter case, it could be that M06 is NOT the tool change command. About a year or so ago we bought a Mazak FF510 with Fanuc 180i control and I tried to command a tool change using M06 thru a program and with MDI and it just wouldn't work, although all of the motions could be performed in a manual mode. Found out later that M106 was the proper command. And actually the M106 called a subprogram that sent the axis' home and then did the tool change.

This is used m/c but new for me. The ATC command is M06 only it is confirmed through existing programs or manual. The micro program is missing may get it from some where?

This is used m/c but new for me. The ATC command is M06 only it is confirmed through existing programs or manual. The micro program is missing may get it from some where?

Have the same problem on Traub milling machine with MX F8 controler. M6 comand doesn't work at all. Machine report an error message P232 no Program No. when I hit cycle start. In MDI I entered T1; M6;
Someone have any idea what to do? XYZ axis were reference setted up.

Back