What's new
What's new

2 05 haas vm2 question

plastikdreams

Diamond
So we have a 2005 vintage haas vm2. It's a great machine, having the extra y is nice. I have 2 questions:

1) the monitor has a dead spot, can we just replace the monitor or does the whole control need to be changed?

2) in high speed toolpaths it really suffers in speed. What are settings to check to see if we can get any more out of it.

Thanks!

We’ve got an 02 VF2 that was groin-grabbing your slow with the MasterCAM HSM tool paths until I loosened up the filter ratio” or whatever it’s called. So maybe double check how tiny the moves are. Good luck!

Thanks it seems that it won't go over 100ipm on radius moves, straight it takes off though. Someone on the other board suggested looking into g187 so that may be my next move.

Off the top of my head I think it’s a “setting” or “parameter.” I think it has to be “1” instead of “0”…it’s either called “look ahead” or “high speed machining”. Good luck!

Couldn't find either and I went through parameters and settings 3 times. I did see that the default smoothing is set at finish. I'm interested to see what kind of change a rough cycle has in p1.

All I could find on-line was that it looks like it’s parameter 315 switch 4. If you haven’t used it yet you should be allowed 100 or 200 hours of trial. Good luck!

Back