What's new
What's new

2001 hitachi seiki super cell 250 tool changer problem...

shimmwagen

Plastic
Need help restoring tool changer. X position for tool change out of position. just finished a turning job and was loading tools in the milling head side. Loaded a single tool on mill side, swapped head back to turning side, went to do a tool change with another turning tool and twin arm is about 1/4" below center line of tool pot. Now I have two tools in the arm that I can't get out and am unable to move X as the tool arm isn't home...I have manuals but don't see where to remove tools from tool arm so I can re position my X... Anyone have suggestions ??

Attachments

• hitachi tool changer.jpg
    hitachi tool changer.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 179
There should be a process to put the arm back home first and get the ATC origin position so you can then move the axis, usually via an ATC Home Button or Maintenance move M Codes. You can usually move the axis by holding SPINDLE STOP while using handle mode in 10/1 if you need clearance - but be careful not to break anything. What is the control on this? Ill see what I can lookup in my notes

John

Need help restoring tool changer. X position for tool change out of position. just finished a turning job and was loading tools in the milling head side. Loaded a single tool on mill side, swapped head back to turning side, went to do a tool change with another turning tool and twin arm is about 1/4" below center line of tool pot. Now I have two tools in the arm that I can't get out and am unable to move X as the tool arm isn't home...I have manuals but don't see where to remove tools from tool arm so I can re position my X... Anyone have suggestions ??

Didn't see this reply but was able to restore it. Has been running fine for last couple weeks then this morning it got stuck again. Trying to finish job I was running on friday and today tool changer got stuck again. Alarm saying single arm not home so won't let me do anything in maintenance mode to move double arm anywhere.

Back