What's new
What's new

2005 Hyundai Kia VX-500 CNC spindle removal procedure

Biscuit

Plastic
Good afternoon. I am going to look at a 2005 Hyundai Kia VX-500 CNC for a small shop owner as he believes his spindle bearings have gone out. He was running at a high RPM when it started making a really bad noise, when he stopped the machine and turned the spindle by hand he stated it was rough when turning.

The pictures he texted me and from what I pulled up on the HST repair website (more pictures), it almost looks like the spindle can be removed the same way as a HAAS VF series. Lower the Z axis resting the spindle on a block, remove the front cover, disconnect the lube line (coolant line if there is one), remove the bolts and raise z up.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The owner has the manual that came with it (bought it used) but I was trying to find something to review before I go there.

Best regards.

Have you called Hyundai's tech help to see if they will advise you about this? Some MTBs will, some won't. No experience with Hyundai but I have pulled a few spindles. Does this one have a chiller? Is it direct drive?

He just sent me the info late this afternoon but I plan on calling tomorrow. It is belt driven, he said it has a chiller and through spindle coolant. It looks like an easy removal from the pictures I have looked at, just can't find much documentation on line.

Just watched a video of one running and doing a tool change, it does remind of a HAAS.

YouTube

Back