Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 2006 Fadal 3016 Fanuc 18i Control

Hello Folks,
    I have a 2006 Fadal 3016 "Thyssen Kruupp" Dr.Frankenstein Model red headed stepchild with a Fanuc 18i Control that I have been working on for months, it's working, I'm making parts but I cannot get the 'MEASURE B" button to work, the only way I have been able to enter Tool Length or Work Fixture Offsets is manually entering the numbers which is pretty cumbersome. I'm hoping someone out there is familiar with this machine and can lead me out of the darkness. I have downloaded every manual I could find from various websites in PDF format but I still cant get the control to cooperate with me. As long as I can remember all of my machines had a simple "Tool Cal" button. I even owned an Excell with a Fanuc OM control and it was straight forward and simple. Thanks, Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it’s like the other I series controls there should be a measure soft key for workoff sets. Tool offsets can be set with the Input C soft key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BALNH View Post
    If it’s like the other I series controls there should be a measure soft key for workoff sets. Tool offsets can be set with the Input C soft key.
    Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow and see if there is a C soft key, I don't think I saw one.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On our controls we have to input the axis and a zero to get that axis's value. So you would type in B0. then press measure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So if it's the X axis, I should press X0 and then measure ? I'm going to go there now and try it right now. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Didn't see any C soft Key but it does have "Tool Meas" key and it does have a "Work Meas" key but so far nothing has worked.Attachment 318908