UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    Foiled!!

We're about 1/2 way through but it looks like we need a new drive for the table now.
    That's how it goes with older equipment sometimes.

Luckily the job isn't hot at the moment and we have quite a few done if production calls for them,
    The Yamazen guys in Connecticut have a great fix and it will make the parts even faster!

2. Likes Volitan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone know what would cause a 6176 C Axis Unclamp alarm?
    I'm assuming the table isn't unclamping in time to it alarms out?
    We get this periodically but we hit reset and it goes away for days even weeks before it comes up again.

I have to talk to Yamazen about a schematic book and alarm book for this thing. The alarms in the manuals I have stop at #4000 something

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    Anyone know what would cause a 6176 C Axis Unclamp alarm?
    I'm assuming the table isn't unclamping in time to it alarms out?
    We get this periodically but we hit reset and it goes away for days even weeks before it comes up again.

I have to talk to Yamazen about a schematic book and alarm book for this thing. The alarms in the manuals I have stop at #4000 something
    Two things to check, the hydraulic (dte light) oil level in the air over hydraulic booster that clamps the table and you might try replacing the pressure switch in that circuit. Other than that it could be something more serious/complicated. Yamazen service can help. The new Speedios do not use hydraulics. Brother came up with a simple and effective pneumatic system to clamp the table about 15 years ago starting on the 32B machines.

5. Likes Volitan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    The real difference of a 3 phase spindle motor and an AC servo motor is that the servo uses permanent magnets on the rotor while the spindle motor uses an inductive magnetic rotor. The stator windings are 3 phase delta for both. A servo motor will have faster response than an induction motor because the magnetic field is "on" all the time. The magnetic field of the induction motor only is created when power is applied to the stator windings.
    You have a bit of a misunderstanding here. An AC servo with permanent magnets or even DC fields are synchronous motors. The spindle speed is exactly what the frequency of the AC supply specifies. An induction motor requires slip between the AC power frequency and the rotor in order to inductively magnetize it. So the motor always turns slower than the specified frequency, and the amount of slip is relative to the load and never zero. Hence you absolutely need an encoder feedback to know what speed the motor is actually turning. That slip makes it more difficult to match the spindle speed with Z axis position.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by garyhlucas View Post
    You have a bit of a misunderstanding here. ......
    No misunderstanding, I was trying to not dive too deep into the minutia of motor theory.

Despite the fact that there is slip in an induction motor, as long as it is measured, (encoder, pulse generator) it can be adjusted/accounted for in the position control loop. In rigid tapping, the control is maintaining coordinated rotation of the two motors in an angular sense, not so much velocity sense.

8. Likes Hardplates liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok Ok, I'll admit I haven't read every post in this thread.

That said, aren't those holes done by now?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look up 6 posts..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk