What's new
What's new

400 error code

johndib

Plastic
Have an older Mazak 7.5 with Fanuc 6M controller. Machine was running fine last week and now this morning when I start it up I get a 400 error code. Code says "The control received the X, Y,or Z axis overload."

What does that mean. Could machine being cold have any effect?

Check for blown fuses on one of your axis drives.

Spoke with Fanuc. They had me press and hold in the circuit breakers behind the X-Y-Z boards. That did nothing. I then took a photo of the control boards to send to Fanuc. I walked to my office and uploaded and sent them and they said they'd cal me back. Four hours, no call back, but I went back in teh shop after e-mailing photos, turned the machine back on and it worked. What the @#$%? Ran the job and it worked like normal. Machine sat in a cold shop for a week without running. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but...

.....They had me press and hold in the circuit breakers behind the X-Y-Z boards. That did nothing.

Ok, that means your drives are probably type M DC. My experience with old Mazaks was on older machines than yours.

The cold shop could possibly contribute to an overload alarm. The axis will be a bit harder to move when really cold. I suspect there are other issues going on that the cold possibly aggravated.

Back