What's new
What's new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al becherini

Plastic
I have purchased a Tree 425 CNC Mill. I do not have 3 Phase in my building so I will have to use a Rotary Phase Converter. Any idea how big a converter I will need?

Until we know the total amperage draw for your machine (on 3-phase), nobody will be able to answer your question.

The machine needs 30 amps to run at full cooch. But, I ran a 325 on a 5hp phase converter for years with no issue.

Also, those machines will often run on single phase. The coolant pump and knee elevating motor will require 3 phase, but the servos and spindle should be able to run on single phase, though the spindle will not have full power.

I have the 310, it's smaller 3hp 3ph ac spindle motor, I tried it on a 5hp concerto from American rotary, it would not work. I went with the ad-10 and it runs it fine. Technically I think you need 15 hp unit, but depending on how your wired up might be fine with something smaller

Ewlsey, you live close enough to Canukistan to know that it's "chooch". A "cooch" is someone who stands at the sidelines and yells at you while you're playing barsketball.

Jeez....And all this time I thought a cooch was a tool much like a pry bar? Often used to separate a man from his assets.

Closed due to meaningless title and wrong forum (repost at transformers, phase converter forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back