What's new
What's new

4th axis for Matsuura with MX3 controller

dbramley

Plastic
Hey guys,

I bought an used Matsuura mc-600v a while ago. It looks like it had a haas indexer on it before I bought it, but was sold before I got the machine. I would love to find one. My problem is I don’t know which one (indexer) to look for. There is a cable coming out of the control panel with a round 4-pin connecter that I am assuming he was using to connect and communicate with the indexer. Can anyone help me figure this out?

I appreciate any advise here.

There's different ways to do it, but you can interface any brand indexer with any machine which has extra M-codes. It's just a start signal followed by a finish signal.

You'll have to look at your wiring diagrams and the wiring you have to figure out how they wired it before. There should be a relay or two in there.

Most likely 2 of the conductors will be dry contacts, meaning there's no voltage connected to them, just a set of normally open contacts that the control closes momentarily to trigger the control box on the indexer. The other 2 should be the 'operation completed' signal back to the control to allow it to proceed to the next line of code. An ohmmeter should detect the operation of the dry contact relay. when you send the correct Mcode. The other signal could be anything, I'd expect it to be triggered by a momentary dry contact relay in the indexer but anything could be done. Don't put voltage through any of it until you know more.

Haas stand alone indexers use the above scheme. If there is a standard Haas connector on the cable I have info on which pins are which somewhere. You can connect an air indexer to those signals if you only need that.

Back