50 pin connector indicator to find spare m-codes
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default 50 pin connector indicator to find spare m-codes

    I am trying to find a spare relay for my Sharp SV-2412 and what would be really handy is a device I could plug the 50 pin connector in series into that would light up LEDs for whatever pins have a positive voltage. That way when I'm putting in M-codes I can see which one might work when a light comes on. Right now I'm trying to use a multi-meter and guess at the m-codes and it's very time consuming. Does such a device <affordably> exist?

    Also, can someone tell me the general difference between the X wires and the Y wires and what in general each does?

    And lastly, I don't suppose someone could take a look at my parameter list (I have a scanned PDF) and tell me from there how to tell if I have spare m-codes? Or tell me where in the manual to look?

    Or perhaps there's an easy way to tell from the Fanuc Oi-Mate-Mb screen which connection changes after I execute the m-code and then tie that to a pin number on the connector? I'm just learning how to use my machine better so don't know a lot about the parameters so don't know where to look.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    977
    Likes (Received)
    3012

    Default

    The wiring diagram is the best place to figure out what you might have in the way of spare m-code outputs. X signals are inputs to the PMC. Y signals are outputs from the PMC. Your parameter list has no information about spare m-codes

  3. Likes PROBE, wmpy, sigmatero liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Ah, that makes more sense now. X in, Y out.

    I have an electrical manual. How do I tell what pin the output is supposed to be. I can tell the X pins but don't see the Y pins on the wiring diagram.

    Here is an example from the diagram. I am trying to use the air blast or conveyor m-codes.
    Last edited by sigmatero; 11-20-2020 at 11:13 PM.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    46

    Default

    To see the status of the inputs and outputs, press the System button, then PMC > PNCDGN > STATUS. Scroll down until you see X addresses or Y addresses.

    The pins are shown next to the address with "A20/39". "A20" is Fanuc speak, on a breakout board labelled 1-50, it should be pin 39. Take a picture of the IO module you are trying to hook into. It could be an IDC connector you can get off of Amazon, or might be a Honda MR connector.

    The 2414 manual Sharp has on their website lists M33-M36 as spares. Try them and watch the outputs on the status page. They might not change if there is a keep relay that needs to be activated, depends on how the ladder was written. The 2414 didn't list any keep relays for the conveyor or air blast, though. Can you PM me the pdf of the electrical manual?

  6. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    977
    Likes (Received)
    3012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmatero View Post
    ......Here is an example from the diagram. I am trying to use the air blast or conveyor m-codes......
    The attached image is too small to read and when I enlarge it it gets to fuzzy to read. The imgur link does not work for either. Post a better pic please.

  8. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Let's try this upload. For some reason on my PC it doesn't seem to upload pics but then somehow they mysteriously appear. Hmmm.

    This is the electrical connector I would like a checker for. Basically you wire the checker in series and then when one of these pins is up an LED for that pin lights. I suppose I could breadboard something but that's a lot of work if I can find something inexpensive for sale online.

    I will try the suggestions at the control and also PM a copy of the manual.

    Thanks guys, hopefully I can make some progress.

    Sharp electrical - Album on Imgur

    Sharp electrical connector - Album on Imgur

    (these should show up on Imgur now- their site was down for a while it seems)
    Last edited by sigmatero; 11-21-2020 at 06:41 PM.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Ok, I've been able to turn the status of addresses on and off. That was informative.

    But I can't find anything anywhere in the diagnostic status that says "A20/39" or similar. So I'm missing the element that connects the M-code (and related address) to the pin number of the 50-pin connector. I searched all over with no luck.

    If I can find which pin is changing then I should be in luck and can wire it to a relay.

    Suggestions?

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    977
    Likes (Received)
    3012

    Default

    Most builders have that info as part of the schematic. Your pics are too small to use and when I click the imgur link it goes to blank page on the imgur site. The 0i series control can be configured with built-in I/O or remote I/O using Fanuc I/O link. How your machine is configured has not been provided. Makes it tough to give good advice when working half in the dark.

    If you have the built-in I/O (I/O board alongside the mainboard in the rack with connectors CB104 through CB107) I have a table showing the connector and pin number to X and Y addresses. I may have the same if using remote I/O but would have to look around for it. Let us know what you have or post better pics and should be able to point you in the correct direction.

  12. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Most builders have that info as part of the schematic. Your pics are too small to use and when I click the imgur link it goes to blank page on the imgur site. The 0i series control can be configured with built-in I/O or remote I/O using Fanuc I/O link. How your machine is configured has not been provided. Makes it tough to give good advice when working half in the dark.

    If you have the built-in I/O (I/O board alongside the mainboard in the rack with connectors CB104 through CB107) I have a table showing the connector and pin number to X and Y addresses. I may have the same if using remote I/O but would have to look around for it. Let us know what you have or post better pics and should be able to point you in the correct direction.
    Totally get what you're saying and appreciate your continued support.

    You wouldn't believe the time I've spent trying to get pics to upload to this forum. So frustrating.

    IMGUR was down for quite a while and was giving me blank pages as well. It is up now though. I checked using incognito mode and it should show up.

    Here's the schematic with the Xxxxx address and it shows the pin number. The trouble is that the Yxxxx address doesn't show the pin number (picture on Imgur from above if you could try again?).

    Sharp electric schematic - Album on Imgur

    I basically just need to find the proper Yxxxx pin from the 50 pin connector so that I can correlate that with the m-code.

    Here is the board. It's labeled by Sharp as XC1 and on the board the connector is written CN1. Hopefully you can open the Imgur file (it opens for me incognito which is usually how I check to make sure it's not relying on local settings on my computer).

    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    977
    Likes (Received)
    3012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmatero View Post
    Totally get what you're saying and appreciate your continued support.

    You wouldn't believe the time I've spent trying to get pics to upload to this forum. So frustrating. ........
    Imgur still not working. Very possibly on my end. My web connected PCs are XP Pro machines. My better newer boxes are non-internet connected for safety and reliability.

    You can directly post .jpgs to the site. You don't need a host. When you click the reply button, then find and press the Go Advanced button. Click the attachments button on the taskbar at the top of the reply box. Should get a pop-up window for managing attachments (do you have something running that blocks pop-up windows?). Click Add Files button and browse for the file. Add additional files as needed. Then press the Upload button. Once they are uploaded press the Insert Inline button then press the Done button to close the pop-up.

  15. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    655
    Likes (Received)
    852

    Default

    Any better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wip3jgk.jpg   6hnagy9.jpg  

  17. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  18. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Imgur still not working. Very possibly on my end. My web connected PCs are XP Pro machines. My better newer boxes are non-internet connected for safety and reliability.

    You can directly post .jpgs to the site. You don't need a host. When you click the reply button, then find and press the Go Advanced button. Click the attachments button on the taskbar at the top of the reply box. Should get a pop-up window for managing attachments (do you have something running that blocks pop-up windows?). Click Add Files button and browse for the file. Add additional files as needed. Then press the Upload button. Once they are uploaded press the Insert Inline button then press the Done button to close the pop-up.
    I have spent well over an hour trying to post pics on this site. Tried all that you've said. Tried different formats (jpg, jpeg, bmp, etc). No luck. No idea why.

  19. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    977
    Likes (Received)
    3012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardplates View Post
    Any better?
    Hooray! Usable images.

    The device pictured is just a breakout board. Sourced by the machine builder, not Fanuc. In the pic of the schematic it is pretty clear that output Y5.6 is broken out to XC1 terminal 24. This will be the 12th terminal from the top on the lower row of terminals. Not much of a mystery.....

    Continuing, if equipped with the hydraulic index device, a wire labeled Y345 would be connected to terminal 24 and run to one 24VDC coil connection on a relay labeled KA56. In your Sharp operation or programming manual there should be a chart that shows what M-code is for the hydraulic index device. When that M-code is activated you should see 24VDC between terminal 24 and any terminal labeled 0V

  20. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  21. #14
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    655
    Likes (Received)
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigmatero View Post
    I have spent well over an hour trying to post pics on this site. Tried all that you've said. Tried different formats (jpg, jpeg, bmp, etc). No luck. No idea why.
    I have found if you are using a browser with an add blocker installed you can't upload photos to this site. Everything acts correctly but they just don't upload. Anyway if you need any more pics posted just post up the links and I will copy and post them to the forum.

  22. Likes sigmatero liked this post
  23. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    39
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardplates View Post
    I have found if you are using a browser with an add blocker installed you can't upload photos to this site. Everything acts correctly but they just don't upload. Anyway if you need any more pics posted just post up the links and I will copy and post them to the forum.
    thumbs2.jpg

    Boom, that's it! Amazing how much time I spent and it was this simple.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •