What's new
What's new

6061 Aluminum Plate

Solar1971

Cast Iron
Hey guys. Long time no see.
I hope all is well with you guys.

now to my question.

I was wondering, Does anyone know how much 6061 aluminum plate costs per pound?
Approximately. Today?

I am looking for 0.375 thick. 6061.
125.5 inches long x 46.5 inches wide.

Supposedly its about 214 pounds US.

I was wondering what is should cost???

The quotes I'm getting seem a little high
I know there has been a lot of inflation but still

So far I've got 5.00$ per pound and another that was even higher. Is this normal ?

I don't usually buy aluminum. usually we buy steel and stainless steel and bronze.

Thanks for your help guys.

Sounds about right. Alro has an online store and for a 3/8 x 48.5 x 144.5 piece it's 264lbs and with tax and shipping it's $1420.56

there's no solid answer for this. aluminum pricing, in my experience, is highly dependent on how large your order size is, your relationship with your supplier (how often you order, etc), in addition to current material futures prices.

if you're looking for ballpark estimates, Xometry, in my experience, is currently one of the lowest prices for one-off orders, but they're terribly slow at fulfillment. McMaster is fast, but much more expensive. lesser known suppliers are probably somewhere in between, when you can even find ones that will sell you single pieces.

Thanks for the replies you guys...
The exact price they quoted me was 1,250$ for 214 pounds of 6061 plate.
With Tax and (free) shipping they want 1,362.50
So I guess the price is not THAT far off.

Thanks again you guys. I guess I was under the impression that Aluminum was a lot cheaper.

Well, if this is anything to help ..

Cast AL tooling plate, 3/4" cut to 8 x 12 was $ 5.89/# this afternoon, Qty 20 pcs.

6061 AL, 1.25 x 3 Flat bar $4.50/# for 2 full lengths

I just got 1/2" and 5/8" plate quoted and my cut and delivered price from Howard PRecision Metals is about $3.43/lb.

My extrusions are around $2.60/lb, up from $1.80/lb this time last year.

Aluminum is at an all time high price right now.

Back