What's new
What's new

930 CPU Interrupt error on FANUC 21-TB with SRAM card

corednc

Aluminum
I am trying to backup a fanuc 21-TB to an SRAM card but I am getting a 930 CPU Interrupt error whenever I try and format the card or write to it. I have two different cards and I get the same error with both. Research on this issue seems to indicate that the problem is generally an error with the memory in the machine but I think that is not the case since this happens when I try to just format the card and otherwise the machine runs fine.

Does anybody have any insight into this issue?

Does anybody know of any other method to do a full backup (settings, parameters, ladder etc.) of this control without an SRAM card? The machine has a serial port but I have no idea if this is possible and what the key strokes would look like.

I would like to try another SRAM card but I can't just keep buying new cards because they are expensive, so if there is anybody who has an SRAM card that works on a Fanuc 21-T and is willing to part with it for a week or so, I would appreciate it. I have an OmniDrive SRAM card reader that can read the card and copy the files to a PC, so in exchange you can backup your machine to the card and send it to me and I will copy the files and send them back to you via email. I will then test out your card on my machine and with any luck backup my machine and send your card back to you. Let me know if that works for you.

Are you sure that the SRAM cards you are using are compatible with your machine?

Maybe talk to these people?
SRAM Card 512KB with 8k Attribute - CNC Specialty Store

The card I am currently using is the SN5512-P
PCMCIA SRAM PC Card  (SRAM Memory Card)
I have called a couple of card distributors and none of them seemed to know what is compatible, they recommend that I keep trying different cards (at my cost).
Maybe the attribute memory is the issue? I will contact your recommendation, but I would prefer to borrow a known good card from somebody if available.

I'm almost positive it can be done via RS232 abet it being more work. I'd imagine 21 B manuals walk you through it step by step. There appears to be no shortage of PDF versions available for free download.

But I'd imagine someone more knowledgeable will chime in

I'm almost positive it can be done via RS232 abet it being more work. I'd imagine 21 B manuals walk you through it step by step. There appears to be no shortage of PDF versions available for free download.

But I'd imagine someone more knowledgeable will chime in

I have all of the manuals. The manual has info on outputting PMC parameters but does not include info on outputting things like the ladder.

You can output parameters to RS-232 but the only way to back up the entire system is to a card.

Have you tried formatting the card on your card reader then using it in the machine?

Interesting, sorry for the bad info. On my Seicos 18 I can output the ladder via RS232. Must be a Hitachi thing.

A printout or the actual ladder program? Printout is possible, but I have never seen the ladder program output by RS-232. Could be a Seicos specific thing. HS put their own PLC on their machines at least until the later 80s and maybe early 90s rather than use the internal PMC available in the CNC. Maybe it was something they worked out with Fanuc?

Also, IIRC, the 21 series could store the system software on an F-ROM module or EPROMS. The builder chose the configuration they wanted to use. I've probably got some notes in a file about that but not really motivated to look...

In the case of F-ROM then the system software could be backed up to a card. If EPROM then no backup needed or possible through the control.

Here is a clip about the card interface from the 21B descriptions manual.....

In this CNC, a memory card interface (JEIDA V4.1 specification type I)
is provided as standard on the main CPU board.
Commercially available memory cards that conform to JEIDA V4.1
specification type I can be used. (Presently, data can only be written to
the SRAM card.)
By using such a memory card, programs and data can be loaded into
memory in the control section, and sequence program (ladder) for PMC
and P–CODE program in memory can be backed up.

This clip from the 21TB operation manual covers what can be output by RS-232....

The following data can be input/output to or from external input/output
devices:
1. Programs
2. Offset data
3. Parameters
4. Custom macro common variables
5. Pitch error compensation data
For how data is input and output, see Chapter III–8.

A printout or the actual ladder program? Printout is possible, but I have never seen the ladder program output by RS-232. Could be a Seicos specific thing. HS put their own PLC on their machines at least until the later 80s and maybe early 90s rather than use the internal PMC available in the CNC. Maybe it was something they worked out with Fanuc?

Also, IIRC, the 21 series could store the system software on an F-ROM module or EPROMS. The builder chose the configuration they wanted to use. I've probably got some notes in a file about that but not really motivated to look...

In the case of F-ROM then the system software could be backed up to a card. If EPROM then no backup needed or possible through the control.

Here is a clip about the card interface from the 21B descriptions manual.....

In this CNC, a memory card interface (JEIDA V4.1 specification type I)
is provided as standard on the main CPU board.
Commercially available memory cards that conform to JEIDA V4.1
specification type I can be used. (Presently, data can only be written to
the SRAM card.)
By using such a memory card, programs and data can be loaded into
memory in the control section, and sequence program (ladder) for PMC
and P–CODE program in memory can be backed up.

This clip from the 21TB operation manual covers what can be output by RS-232....

The following data can be input/output to or from external input/output
devices:
1. Programs
2. Offset data
3. Parameters
4. Custom macro common variables
5. Pitch error compensation data
For how data is input and output, see Chapter III–8.

I believe it is the actual ladder program. If I go in through the Fanuc side (FMenu)I can write or read the ladder to or from a M-Card, F-Rom or or other. If I set it to other and then the channel to 1 it outputs via the RS232. I believe it may be hexadecimal but I would have to look at my backups

Attachments

• 20201030_172433.jpg
    20201030_172433.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 99
I believe it is the actual ladder program. If I go in through the Fanuc side (FMenu)I can write or read the ladder to or from a M-Card, F-Rom or or other. If I set it to other and then the channel to 1 it outputs via the RS232. I believe it may be hexadecimal but I would have to look at my backups

Pretty interesting. Similar to the options for backing up the ladder on most Mitsu controls.

Back