What's new
What's new

Absolute lowest prices on new Fanuc Robodrill and Brother Speedio ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Most basic, no TSC, slowest spindle, least turret tools, smallest part capacity.... how much for brand spankin new ?

~$65k for the Speedio, $55k for the Robodrill.

There is a huge difference though in that the Robodrill Eco (as they call it) is a very different machine from a standard Robodrill with downgraded ball screws, encoders, drive motors, control, spindle, and missing some other features.

In contrast, the Speedio S500 with the 14 tool and 10k is the same base machine as every other Speedio. Same C-00 control, drives, encoders, ball screws, spindle, etc.

The Speedio pricing progresses in a very linear fashion as you move to the 21 tool changer, the 16k spindle, 700 size and such. The Robodrill takes a big leap from the stripped down Eco model to the first "real" Robodrill, which starts at about $85k.

Somebody just mentioned a few days ago that the S500 is actually cheaper than or the same as the S300 due to production quantities/demand in the United States.

I have the barebones S500; 14 tools, 10k spindle. Only options were the Metrol toolsetter ($2k) (which is amazing and is mandatory), the MPG ($800) and the washdown hose ($600)(which is lame for the money and should be done DIY style).

I don’t know that it would be appropriate for me to share $ figures however the price was reasonable enough that I ditched buying a Haas Minimill 2 and got the S500 instead. Mine is the cheapest machine you can get not including options. The ONLY thing I don’t like is the tiny 50L coolant tank, but bigger tanks seem to pop up as companies upgrade. I’ve already talked with two companies offering new bigger tanks they’re replacing with conveyors.

Why would it not be appropriate? Not much different from telling what you paid for your truck or refrigerator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Call Yamazen, i got a quote in a couple hours. I got the base s500 and added the wash down and air cool/ blast myself.

Machine is friggin awesome.

Back