What's new
What's new

Acer E-mill w/ Anilam 3000

I'm trying to machine a part, but it keeps giving me indentation and renders it useless.
At first, there was play in the y-axis play so I tighten the gibs. Now there is only .0005" play.
That didn't solve the issue. We turned the tolerances down to .001 mm. didn't work.
It's only doing a .5mm finishing cut. On aluminum and Delrin on both materials, it gives the same issue.
we checked the code to see if fusion 360 did something weird but it looks good and does the transition how it should.
It's happening when it goes from a straight line into the ark and when it's done with the ark it seems that it comes back to where the line should be and causing another indentation. It's almost as if one of the arks is off-center which is not because everything on fusion is centered correctly and it also appears that way in the code.
I am open to any suggestions Please let me know.

It sounds like your ball screws have a little bit of backlash to them or maybe just the thrust washers/bearings holding them.

You could also check if it has a wear parameter for backlash. Sometimes it jumps at the quadrants.

That was my least favorite part of programming with the Anilam software, arcs and endpoints. Could be tricky at times.

Do you have any tips and tricks?
As of right now, I'm not able to progress on this project because of that small indentation.
would the same issue also occur to you?

Do you have any tips and tricks?
As of right now, I'm not able to progress on this project because of that small indentation.
would the same issue also occur to you?

I'll see if I can find a program on my mill tomorrow. Yes I did run into that problem. It was usually the language you use to transition after the arc endpoint. It was a WTF situation. Can you plot a point on the straight line away from the arc and have have it feed to there?

Or possibly after your arc end point just repeat the actual endpoints using line x....line y....

Back