What's new
What's new

Acramatic 2100 control locking during "Activate A Tool From Tool File"

kevman58

Plastic
We have a Cincinnati/Milacron Arrow 500 with an Acramatic 2100 control that has been idle for over 13 years and within the last few months have been trying to get it up and running again. A tech was brought in and replaced the hard drive, power supply, and a couple boards. We have one operator that is somewhat familiar with the control and has ran several simple jobs on it adding tool definitions to only the “Active Tool Set”. He or I have no idea on how to utilize the “Tool File”. I’ve read thru the manual and searching this forum for instructions for adding tools to the “Tool File” and making them active, which I have came across some very helpful instructional posts, but we are doing something wrong causing the control to lock up.

We completely unloaded the tool magazine and defined several tools in the “Tool List” and tried to make them active by following the instructions on page 169 in the manual (attached) but when “Select Tool” is selected the control locks up and the control has to be rebooted (see attached picture). Also, the “View Pockets” screen button arrows do not move the pocket selection as described in the instructions.

I think it might be possible our “Tool Data File” has been corrupted but not sure or we’re just not following the proper sequence of steps. I’ve attached a copy of the “Tooldata.bck” file if it might help to determine if the file is corrupt.

Looking for any help we can get with this issue and any help will be greatly appreciated. And please excuse my ignorance, I don’t have any experience with this control.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

View attachment TOOLDATA.zip 20181113_070713.jpg View attachment A2100_OPERATING MANUAL (1) 169.pdf

Just a quick update. A lead machinist at a local shop that has the same mill helped with our issue. He deleted the tool file and told us to work out of the active tool file only. We do not have more tools than the maximum allowed in the active tool file so everything is working now, no screen freezes or reboots required.

Back