What's new
What's new

Acramatic 2100 E-Stop Prob

APTooling

Plastic
I have recently purchased a 1998 Cincinnati Hawk 150 with Acramatic 2100 control. On start up the machine will not allow me to start the hydraulics because the E-Stop is activated. I have checked by switching a few wires etc that the E-Stop is NOT physically activated and that the hydraulic pump does work. Anyone know how to get around this or what may be causing this?

Also, anyone know where I can get a manual with a listing of the Alarm Codes and troubleshooting for the Acramatic 2100? I prefer a FREE download but will take what I can get

Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

TIA

On start up the machine will not allow me to start the hydraulics because the E-Stop is activated. I have checked by switching a few wires etc that the E-Stop is NOT physically activated and that the hydraulic pump does work.

Did you test this by jumpering out the e-stop button or the entire circuit? There is likely other devises on that same loop. Doors/Hard stop switches/other E-stop buttons/Ect.

Did the machine shift in transport? The Hard stop switches should have a (O.T. Release, O.T. Recover) or such. When holding this button it bypasses those switches. If this is the hangup you will need to manually jog the axis off the switch. Be careful to not go the wrong way and bind.

If that fails. I am not familiar with the Acramatic 2100, so if you can get into the ladder you can work back from there to find what the control is looking for.

Some times the chip conveyor or tool changer has an E stop switch. Got to check them all.
Do you have an electrical diagram?
E stop is usually hardware.
Check the drives in the electrical box for error codes.

Did you test this by jumpering out the e-stop button or the entire circuit? There is likely other devises on that same loop. Doors/Hard stop switches/other E-stop buttons/Ect.

Did the machine shift in transport? The Hard stop switches should have a (O.T. Release, O.T. Recover) or such. When holding this button it bypasses those switches. If this is the hangup you will need to manually jog the axis off the switch. Be careful to not go the wrong way and bind.

If that fails. I am not familiar with the Acramatic 2100, so if you can get into the ladder you can work back from there to find what the control is looking for.

I jumped it on the relay panel with a jumper plug that was tied to the wired plug. I know that my turret works so it "shouldn't be locked. I'm not sure where to look for any of the other E-Stops, ie. chip conveyor, bar feeder. A bar feeder came with it but I don't know if it was ever used. There is no evidence that it was but I'm thinking you guys are on the right track. I really appreciate you responding!!
The people I bought it from don't seem to care and the people that are supposed to be helping just want more $$$. I used to have a great contact that knew everything about these machines but no longer works at the support company.
I do have a wiring diagram but it's not very detailed or legible but I will do my best. I will also look for the stop on the conveyor system

When I plug in the jumper plug mentioned, the machine will align but will not align the spindle. It says the Spindle Pulse Signal is not being received. When I replace that plug with the original wired in plug is when I get the message that the E-Stop is on and won't allow hydraulics to start. At least I have a place to look now! Thanks again!!!

At least your not having bridge board issues. The common theme with the 2100 seems to be to take the boards out, clean the contacts and reinstall them :eek:

I recently helped a friend with one with the intentions of maybe buying it if I could get it going. After cranking the machine off the hard stops and a look at the control I said no thanks. He was glad cause at that point he wanted to keep it. In theory it should be an easy control to troubleshoot if you know a lot about computers......I struggle to turn them on :D

A bar feeder came with it but I don't know if it was ever used. There is no evidence that it was but I'm thinking you guys are on the right track.

There would be a E-stop button on the bar feeder. If that was installed at one point that button would be part of the greater loop. Your electrical diagram may shed light on this.

I jumped it on the relay panel with a jumper plug that was tied to the wired plug.

If I'm reading this correctly. You jumpered it in the cabinet. If so then you would have bypassed the entire main loop. Time to start tracing.

Back