What's new
What's new

Acramatic 850 program loading problems

Bruns Garage1

Plastic
I recently rescued a 91 Cincinnati Sabre 750 with the acramatic 850mc control (not the sx). After learning the machine and control somewhat I wanted to try and load the first program into it. I have checked out forum after forum trying to see what the proper setting parameters are. Seems like everyone has a different answer. Ive tried every parameter combo that I can think of, or what has been explained on forums. Nothing has worked as of yet. Does absolutely nothing except timeout. Using predator software, Ive tried the : first, the % first. Someone said something about adding nulls, but have no idea as to what they are, or how to use them. The rs232 cable pin out im using was used on haas and fadal previously. Also I don't have a programming manual and need help on code breakdown for the peck drilling, tapping, etc canned cycles as well. If you can help me out I would appreciate it!Thank you!

Doo you possibly have a floppy drive on that?
I have loaded from the floppy onto our A950 with ease.
Currently trying to update that to a thunb drive, but - like you - not got that combination figgered out yet.

I have never used the 232, so no help there.

Best help for Cinci seems to be over on the "other" forum site.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Doo you possibly have a floppy drive on that?
I have loaded from the floppy onto our A950 with ease.
Currently trying to update that to a thunb drive, but - like you - not got that combination figgered out yet.

I have never used the 232, so no help there.

Best help for Cinci seems to be over on the "other" forum site.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Are you trying to go from 3.5" floppy to usb?

Yes

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BS85CN9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That will literally plug and play in place of your existing floppy drive and the machine will think its reading a floppy disk. The USB stick can be partitioned into 000-999 (1000 partitions) of 1.44Mb each and you use the buttons and display on the unit to choose which "floppy" (partition) you want. Setting up you computer to format the USB is more difficult than the emulator install but still pretty easy. I'm not good with computers at all and figured it out on my own in less than an hour and can now set a computer up in a few minutes. $25 and you're good to go. This is how I retrofit old Greco Systems for USB. If this is something of interest we can start a thread and I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

I bought one some time ago from Shop Floor Automation, and while they have actually called me to check my progress, that has been on the sideline for some time.
I will likely get back to it again soon.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I seem to remember that I had 7 data bits on one side, 8 on the other. That worked, using RS232 ports and (I think) a null modem cable...very long time ago

Here's my record on what I used on an 850 and an 850SX. I remember needing nulls, but apparently it wasn't on these machines. Beege is right, the PC and the control need different settings.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ncnet Lite DNC Set-up
These settings are same for Talon w/850SX & Cinturn w/850
PC Settings
Baud Rate2400
ParityEven
Data Bits7
Stop Bits1
HandshakeHardware
Lathe Settings
Dataline2400
Data Bits8
Stop Bits1
ParityNone
Protocol Level1
LDR Count0
Add RTNo
Form FeedNo
Cable Set-up
Cinturn Cable Talon Cable
PC 9 pin #cable wire colorCinturn 25 pin #PC 9 pin#cable wire colorTalon 15 pin #
2White/green22Red11
3Brown33White6
4White/Brown64Blue2
5Blue75Green14
6White/Blue206Black "0"7
7White/Orange57Black "1"4
8Orange48Black "2"9
Bare13

Back