What's new
What's new

Activate Optional Mcode Victor CNC mill

VPS BVBA

Plastic
Hello,

i'm having trouble to implement a optional mcode function on our Victor Vcenter 130 equiped with fanuc 21i
the M codes 21-24 are optional and i want to use the M23 for send a output pulse wired from the relay board to 4th axis
and the feedback signal i wired to the fin signal input of my machine inputs

so i programmed de M23 code first in P6075 and this one is connected to program 9005 .

so when i call this program is doesnt doe anything the relay stays 0 and after a time i get obvious the fault of no fin signal feedback,

so i searched in the ladder and the code is already written but i seems the code is not called by my program,
so i tested this by placing the code above in the ladder diagram and i wrote 2 lines for the output and feedback signal,
then the relay is set 1 and feedback also get signal back,
but when i restart the code is dissapeared probably because its not saved to the ram memory.

so im think that i missing some settings that calling the right lines in the ladder and now jumping over it,
the only thing i found now is R0071.0 is one of the bits that activate the M23 setting, but i dont find what parameter is connected to this internal relay bits . also P 6005.0 i set on 1 doenst make difference

hope anyone can help me out with this.

A common method of activating optional M codes is by PMC parameter. Most often a Keep Relay. This is determined by the machine builder though, not Fanuc.

You need to follow the logic back to see what drives R19.3

The last picture of post 3 is too blurry to read. Can you post a better one?

20190613_195014.jpg20190613_195014.jpg

this is also mentioned in the manual, but i cant figure our what they exactly mean and where i can find the D01/02/11/12 suppose these need to be set?

today found out the D01 D02 and D11/D12 are used in CODB binary conversion instruction , now i forced them on like on the sheet but stil no result, tryed to change de SUB65 to SUB66 so its called always but no result also...

D addresses are non-volatile "data table" PMC parameters. Their usage is determined by the machine builder. Most commonly used to track tool magazine positions to tool number assignments. They are also frequently used to activate sections of logic in the PMC. I think that is what the pages you posted are trying to indicate.

When you say you "forced them on like on the sheet" what did you actually do? Normally one would not "force" them, but just set them in the data table (SYSTEM,PMC,PMCPRM,G-DATA soft keys).

The pages you posted show a nicely done explanation of the Data settings and how the affect the usage of your auxiliary M codes.

There is no reason to register 23 in parameter 6075 nor use program O9005 to make this work.

The following makes some assumptions that your machine is wired and equipped similarly to how many builders do.....

To use M23 to trigger the typical start signal required by most indexer controls one would set D02 to 2 and D12 to 1. The indexer start signal would be wired to the NO relay contacts of the relay connected to output Y1007.3 and the Index Finished signal should be connected to input X1007.6. This signal will need 24VDC from the CNC. Do not use an external 24VDC source!

When when M23 is executed in the program the output Y1007.3 should result in an off-on-off pulse and the PMC will stop the CNC from further program execution. The pulse will start the indexer. When the indexer has completed its movement it will turn on the Index Finish signal which will drive X1007.6 high to indicate to the PMC that the external function is completed and so the PMC can release the CNC to resume program execution.

Back