What's new
What's new

Adding 4th to Brother TC S2A

mazaksqt

Plastic
I'm looking to add a 4th axis table to my recently acquired Brother. My current plan is to use it only for positioning. I'm fine with getting a used Haas or Yuasa rotary with its own controller and just triggering it using available M Codes, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience integrating a 4th axis to a Brother of this age. It would be nice to control the rotary off the machine's control rather than a stand alone controller and I'm fine with taking the time to hook it all up. I guess my question is would I just need to get another Sanyo Denki Servo Amp and somehow wire this to the Yuasa or Haas rotary? Can this even be done? Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

To run it full 4th and integrated with the control as an A or B axis, you would also need to change the motor on the rotary to a Sanyo Denki. Then you would need good waterproof cabling to hook things a up: 200V power, servo communications and clamp/unclamp. Then a big chunk of parameters: User, Machine and Servo. The Mcode/control box route would be pretty straightforward. There are mappable outputs for Mcodes and inputs for the finish signal on the I/O board standard in the machine. Are you in touch with Yamazen Novi or Turnkey Solutions in Grand Rapids?

To run it full 4th and integrated with the control as an A or B axis, you would also need to change the motor on the rotary to a Sanyo Denki. Then you would need good waterproof cabling to hook things a up: 200V power, servo communications and clamp/unclamp. Then a big chunk of parameters: User, Machine and Servo. The Mcode/control box route would be pretty straightforward. There are mappable outputs for Mcodes and inputs for the finish signal on the I/O board standard in the machine. Are you in touch with Yamazen Novi or Turnkey Solutions in Grand Rapids?

Thanks for the response. I do have a tech contact at Yamazen Novi I plan on reaching out to this week. The integrated route interests me because I found a Yuasa rotary locally that has a Sanyo Denki motor and the cabling is in great shape. No servo amp, but I think I should be able to find one on eBay. I've got all the original machine manuals, but I'm not sure if those have the parameters you mentioned. I'll give Yamazen a call tomorrow and see what they say. If its too complicated then I'll probably just stick with the Mcode/control box route.

Back