What's new
What's new

Adding End of Cycle Buzzer

munruh

Hot Rolled
Has anyone added an end of cycle buzzer to a Doosan mill or a mill with a Fanuc control. What is the best way to do this?

I have a lathe with auto door, do mills have that feature? If so a micro-switch could be added to the end of the door's travel easy enough. On long cycle parts it would be a nice reminder to put another part in.

We have opened the door on the lathe thinking it was at the end of the cycle when running live tools and the spindle stopped. Pretty quiet then and it is an easy mistake to make.

Does it have a blinking light? If so, there's your signal.

On my Fadal I'd program in a mist coolant op with a short dwell and plug a buzzer into that outlet, but that's because the machine uses 110v outlets as outputs for the coolant functions and I have a spare.

I have a specific parking spot for the end of a cycle and only that XYZ spot hits a micro switch. Light on, air blast off.

Got air blast?

How about a whistle attached to a toolholder?

Oh how annoying that would be. But also so effective at getting people to run to that machine!

Got air blast?

How about a whistle attached to a toolholder?

Oh how annoying that would be. But also so effective at getting people to run to that machine!

We have an electric "buzzer" that sounds kind of like a whistle on our Makino A88. Very very annoying. Effective but annoying.

It is wired into the pallet cone air blast solenoid, so when it changes pallets, it lets everyone know. That is our "end of cycle" notification for that machine. The operator is often running another machine at the other end of the mill department when it changes pallets and without the sound, he'd not always notice, resulting in a lot of idle time.

My fanuc machines all have 'end of cycle' flashing lights.

If you open the enclosure at the end of cycle, you can identify the relay by the clicking- it's synchronized with the light.

Seems like that would be an easy place to tie in a buzzer.

If you have a light that flashes on cycle end, you can crack open your wiring diagram to find the output and jumper in a buzzer. A cheap one from AutomationDirect will do (ECX2070-24 is $7).

If you don't have a signal light, adding a rung to the ladder wouldn't be too hard.

M30 signal (NO) >>>> Timer >>>> Door open or cycle start signal (NC) >>>> Free output signal wired to buzzer.

Back