What's new
What's new

Adventures in CNC Training.

Heinz R. Putz

Stainless
As most of you know, I have been totally self-employed in training CNC shops for many, many years, since 1983 actually
I have asked this before, but is there anyone anywhere that has done this, or am I the only one?
Adventure in CNC: My favorite was training Crown Control, a manufacturer of lifttrucks in New Bremen, Ohio.
I worked between Christmas and New Year and was concerned about finding a motel for me and my whole family that came along.
The people at Crown told me: Do not worry, we have a nice place for you.
When we got there, they gave us the key to a building and directions.
It turned out to be a totally renovated farm building, with many rooms, a kitchen with a fridge full of goodies, like steaks, champaign, beer, great selections of all kinds of food, it was unbelievable.
We had a special TV room with all kinds of movies on 2 hour tapes, a seperate bar with you name it, it was great, the height of luxury.

A company in Corpus Cristi: They built large oilfield motors of 3000+ HP
on a large CNC lathe, they used to repair them and this was their first effort of building them from scratch, so they had no CNC experience at all. It was a 1 week training session and worked out well, I went back later when they bought their first machining center to do all the mill work on the motors.
Our room at the local Omni Hotel overlooked the Gulf of Mexico, it was beautiful as you can imagine.
By the way, the pictures of the motor and machines are on my website:
www.doccnc,com.
Heinz Putz.

I worked between Christmas and New Year and was concerned about finding a motel for me and my whole family that came along.
It turned out to be a totally renovated farm building, with many rooms, a kitchen with a fridge full of goodies, like steaks, champaign, beer, great selections of all kinds of food, it was unbelievable.
We had a special TV room with all kinds of movies on 2 hour tapes, a seperate bar with you name it, it was great, the height of luxury.

thats nice :) but were there servants ?

i dont know the english for such buildings, i also have been in a few

they are for welcoming ( important ) guests for whatever reason :)

big players arround here had something like that + buildings for staff

30 years before, in 50km, you would find : bearings, tractors, mig planes, helicopters, ( heavy ) trucks, etc, thus heavy industrie

now ? is a mess ...

that link is not working for me, but, well, all the best :)

Last edited:
As most of you know, I have been totally self-employed in training CNC shops for many, many years, since 1983 actually
I have asked this before, but is there anyone anywhere that has done this, or am I the only one?
Adventure in CNC: My favorite was training Crown Control, a manufacturer of lifttrucks in New Bremen, Ohio.

A company in Corpus Cristi: They built large oilfield motors of 3000+ HP
on a large CNC lathe, they used to repair them and this was their first effort of building them from scratch, so they had no CNC experience at all. It was a 1 week training session and worked out well, I went back later when they bought their first machining center to do all the mill work on the motors.
Our room at the local Omni Hotel overlooked the Gulf of Mexico, it was beautiful as you can imagine.
By the way, the pictures of the motor and machines are on my website:
www.doccnc,com.
Heinz Putz.

My brother repairs CNC machinery, he has been to Crown manny times. He says it is the best place to do repairs as they really take care of you. If you drive around town you will see that all the old buildings are in perfect condition, as the original owners got old and decided to sell out Crown bought the buildings and restored them. The center of most rust belt towns is mostly dilapidated old buildings, not New Bremen, it is pristine.

Back