Adventures in CNC Training.
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    124

    Default Adventures in CNC Training.

    As most of you know, I have been totally self-employed in training CNC shops for many, many years, since 1983 actually
    I have asked this before, but is there anyone anywhere that has done this, or am I the only one?
    Adventure in CNC: My favorite was training Crown Control, a manufacturer of lifttrucks in New Bremen, Ohio.
    I worked between Christmas and New Year and was concerned about finding a motel for me and my whole family that came along.
    The people at Crown told me: Do not worry, we have a nice place for you.
    When we got there, they gave us the key to a building and directions.
    It turned out to be a totally renovated farm building, with many rooms, a kitchen with a fridge full of goodies, like steaks, champaign, beer, great selections of all kinds of food, it was unbelievable.
    We had a special TV room with all kinds of movies on 2 hour tapes, a seperate bar with you name it, it was great, the height of luxury.

    A company in Corpus Cristi: They built large oilfield motors of 3000+ HP
    on a large CNC lathe, they used to repair them and this was their first effort of building them from scratch, so they had no CNC experience at all. It was a 1 week training session and worked out well, I went back later when they bought their first machining center to do all the mill work on the motors.
    Our room at the local Omni Hotel overlooked the Gulf of Mexico, it was beautiful as you can imagine.
    By the way, the pictures of the motor and machines are on my website:
    www.doccnc,com.
    Heinz Putz.

  2. Likes vettedude, ranchak liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    1,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz R. Putz View Post
    I worked between Christmas and New Year and was concerned about finding a motel for me and my whole family that came along.
    The people at Crown told me: Do not worry, we have a nice place for you.
    When we got there, they gave us the key to a building and directions.
    It turned out to be a totally renovated farm building, with many rooms, a kitchen with a fridge full of goodies, like steaks, champaign, beer, great selections of all kinds of food, it was unbelievable.
    We had a special TV room with all kinds of movies on 2 hour tapes, a seperate bar with you name it, it was great, the height of luxury.
    thats nice but were there servants ?

    i dont know the english for such buildings, i also have been in a few

    they are for welcoming ( important ) guests for whatever reason

    big players arround here had something like that + buildings for staff

    30 years before, in 50km, you would find : bearings, tractors, mig planes, helicopters, ( heavy ) trucks, etc, thus heavy industrie

    now ? is a mess ...

    that link is not working for me, but, well, all the best
    Last edited by deadlykitten; 08-16-2017 at 04:15 AM.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Posts
    1,624
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1191
    Likes (Received)
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

    30 years before, in 50km, you would find : bearings, tractors, mig planes, helicopters, ( heavy ) trucks, etc, thus heavy industrie
    Yeah, I highly doubt that was in the Aland Islands, Antarctica maybe?

    Heinz, I think you put a comma in your link there by mistake.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    1,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NAST555 View Post
    Yeah, I highly doubt that was in the Aland Islands
    yes, i was reffering to Aland Islands, but is not 50km, but 500000000000000 km

    Quote Originally Posted by NAST555 View Post
    Heinz, I think you put a comma in your link there by mistake
    thx

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    marysville ohio
    Posts
    9,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2699
    Likes (Received)
    6253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz R. Putz View Post
    As most of you know, I have been totally self-employed in training CNC shops for many, many years, since 1983 actually
    I have asked this before, but is there anyone anywhere that has done this, or am I the only one?
    Adventure in CNC: My favorite was training Crown Control, a manufacturer of lifttrucks in New Bremen, Ohio.
    I worked between Christmas and New Year and was concerned about finding a motel for me and my whole family that came along.
    The people at Crown told me: Do not worry, we have a nice place for you.
    When we got there, they gave us the key to a building and directions.
    It turned out to be a totally renovated farm building, with many rooms, a kitchen with a fridge full of goodies, like steaks, champaign, beer, great selections of all kinds of food, it was unbelievable.
    We had a special TV room with all kinds of movies on 2 hour tapes, a seperate bar with you name it, it was great, the height of luxury.

    A company in Corpus Cristi: They built large oilfield motors of 3000+ HP
    on a large CNC lathe, they used to repair them and this was their first effort of building them from scratch, so they had no CNC experience at all. It was a 1 week training session and worked out well, I went back later when they bought their first machining center to do all the mill work on the motors.
    Our room at the local Omni Hotel overlooked the Gulf of Mexico, it was beautiful as you can imagine.
    By the way, the pictures of the motor and machines are on my website:
    www.doccnc,com.
    Heinz Putz.
    My brother repairs CNC machinery, he has been to Crown manny times. He says it is the best place to do repairs as they really take care of you. If you drive around town you will see that all the old buildings are in perfect condition, as the original owners got old and decided to sell out Crown bought the buildings and restored them. The center of most rust belt towns is mostly dilapidated old buildings, not New Bremen, it is pristine.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •