What's new
What's new

Advice please

texy

Plastic
I just started a new job where the boss has just bought a Bridgeport Romi small cnc lathe with a Fanuc 21t control.
I can’t get the thing to run the gcode I am use to like g54, g50 g71 etc there is no documentation with the machine so I can’t get any info.
I want to know if it does pecking and hard tapping but right now, I can even get it to rough all I can do is single passes, done anyone have any experience on such a machine.
The speed clamp is g92 nor g50 if that helps
thanks

I have a 21t on my lathe and it does not support g54-g59 if i try to use it i get an alarm.

My 21t lathe uses g92 for css If you don,t have a manual its hard to tell what options you have .

Try calling hardinge with the serial number they support your machine they should be able to sell you a manual or look on ebay for one.

thanks i need to brush upon my Gcode programing i am more use to the i Guide

I have some advise. Change your thread title so people reading it have some idea about the content of the thread and your question.

The world's most knowledgeable person on your exact control could be looking right past this thread because of the non-descriptive title.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I just started a new job where the boss has just bought a Bridgeport Romi small cnc lathe with a Fanuc 21t control.
I can’t get the thing to run the gcode I am use to like g54, g50 g71 etc there is no documentation with the machine so I can’t get any info.
I want to know if it does pecking and hard tapping but right now, I can even get it to rough all I can do is single passes, done anyone have any experience on such a machine.
The speed clamp is g92 nor g50 if that helps
thanks
Hello texy,
There are three different G Code Systems available with the Fanuc T Series Controls, A, B and C, selected by parameter setting. If your control uses G92 instead of G50, your control is set to use either System B or C. If you're familiar with the use of G71 as a longitudinal Roughing Cycle and you're having trouble getting it to work, then its likely your control is set to use G Code System C. You can and need to determine what G Code System your control is set to by observing the set values of parameter bits 3401.7 and 3401.6. Following is the respective settings for G Code System B and C:

0 - 1 = System B
1 - 0 = System C

With regards to obtaining a programming manual, you will find and can download a Fanuc Operator's manual for a FS 21T control from the Internet. This manual will cover aspects of programming, but won't give specific instruction regarding hardware that may be unique to your particular machine.

Although three G Code Systems are available, all Fanuc Manuals are written assuming G Code System A. Accordingly, if you use the Fanuc Manual as a reference, you would have to transpose those G Codes that are different for G Code System A and B or C. Overwhelmingly, G Code System A is used, at least in Australia it is. If other machines at your employer's works use G Code System A, he/she may consider having this machine set to also use G Code System A; its simply a matter of changing two parameter bits. However, if a number of programs already exist for this machine, they will have to be converted to use G Code System A G Codes if this change is made.

Regards,

Bill

Bill is most correct, there are three different G code systems used, and it is set via parameter. Sounds like it's using G code system C when it should be using G code system B. Fanuc manuals are on ebay.

Back