What's new
What's new

Advice on replacing oversized coolant pump for Hyundai-Kia Fanuc 0i-TC

Bob81

Plastic
My shop has a Hyundai-Kia SKT15/21 that we purchased new in 2008.

The coolant pump on it looks to be an aftermarket model, and it's dying. I ordered a replacement pump in June that had the model number listed in the HK's owner's manual (ACP-180F). The pump that arrived was about the half the size of the one we're using currently. I've done some research since getting that nasty surprise, and it looks like the small pump is the correct, factory basic model. It's too small for the work we do, and we'll need to replace the current pump soon.

As for the big pump, its description plate has been worn blank. I can't read anything; not model number, not serial number, nothing. I sent it out for repairs and the repair shop told me that its bearings are shot and they have no idea where to get more stateside; it's eventually going to break down entirely, and there's nothing he can do to fix that.

The company we bought it from is in the business of brokering parts. If I ask them about it, they'll get one from their supplier and gouge us on it. We don't have that kind of money to spare, and there's no way they'll give me the contact info for their supplier. I couldn't tell you why we bought from them; it wasn't my call.

I don't have the first idea about how to figure what kind of pump I'm using and where to get another one. The dream is that someone tells me the part number right now, but I'd be happy to have any kind of insight on how to track this thing down myself. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

TL;DR: Bought a Hyundai-Kia SKT15/21 with an oversized coolant pump without a readable info plate. The pump is dying, and I don't know how to figure out where to get a replacement for a realistic price.

Last edited:
As for the big pump, its description plate has been worn blank. I can't read anything; not model number, not serial number, nothing. I sent it out for repairs and the repair shop told me that its bearings are shot and they have no idea where to get more stateside; it's eventually going to break down entirely, and there's nothing he can do to fix that.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!! If they can't find bearings they should be in the repair business. More than likely the drive end bearing is a sealed 203 and the off end is a 201. Measure the bearings and go down to the local auto parts house.

Look in most any industrial/machine shop catalog and find a pump that will squirt the volume you want. Or replace it with a Gusher pump.

Can you post a picture of it? May help. However it doesnt have to be that exact pump right? You've got options.

Since its made in korea, id say good chance the pump is also. Our haas has a korean 3/4hp Power Cool A-ryung pump, very powerful pump. Search that and see if they look like it, looks like this place in Jersey sells them.
http://www.devcocorp.com/aryung.htm

Grundfos makes a good pump as well.

Back