What's new
What's new

Air spindles

Not currently but I used to have a bunch of Air Turbine 602 spindles and they were generally a disaster. Get an NSK and be much happier NSK

I bought a pair of NSK and used them fairly regularly for several years. Never had an issue with them. They are still here in a drawer and If I used them today I would expect no issues. Never used the Air Turbines so I can not compare them.

We used to recommend and install the NSK 50k air spindles before Brother came out with the 27k spindle. Some issues with air spindles are very low torque, you don't know how fast it is actually spinning in the cut, maintenance and reliability issues. After switching to the 27k spindles cycle times went down, tool life, part quality and reliability went way up. No matter how small the cutter or light the cut there is still torque involved to machine efficiently. If you must, the NSK will do ok. If you need a more solid long term solution I suggest looking into a machine with higher rpm capability.

I have used the air turbine tools, Dont remember the model exactly. One of the cheaper ones. Only used it to drill tiny holes. But I drilled what seems like millions of them

They Worked ok for that

I should add that I already have a 25k spindle, but the need for smaller tooling comes at me more and more. I need something that I can toolchange with, so that might limit my options.

We switched from Air Turbine Spindles to NSK electric spindles. Worth every penny. They are also toolchangable now :reading:

Back